Designed to serve as a full blown visual effects and animation event -- complete with expert panels, presentations, educational sessions, and speakers -- the Production Pipeline Expo is a two-day event to be held May 3 and 4 at the Barker Hanger in the Santa Monica Airport.
SANTA MONICA, CA — Designed to serve as a full blown visual effects and animation event -- complete with expert panels, presentations, educational sessions, and speakers -- the Production Pipeline Expo is a two-day event that will be held May 3 and 4 at the Barker Hanger in the Santa Monica Airport.
The Production Pipeline Expo 2013 will address the creation, development, management, and delivery of content across film, television, and games, along all the disciplines involved within an actual production pipeline, with special attention paid to all major portions of the creation process.
Among the initial guest speakers slated to participate in the inaugural Expo are:
- Glenn Cote, Visual Effects Supervisor
- Mike Amron -- Kinect Scanning and Motion Capture
- Kevin McTurk -- Creature Artist
- Peter Busch -- VP of Business Development, Faceware
- John Parenteau -- Managing Director,Silverdraft
- Art David -- VP Animation/Creative Services, Turner Studios
- Joe Pearson -- Filmmaker
- Don Levy -- President, Smith Brook Farm
- Mike Romy -- Head of Pipeline, Zoic Studios
- Paul Hopkins -- Owner, Matchbox Effects
A number of creative disciplines involved in the production pipeline process will also be presented on the Expo’s showroom floor. These disciplines include:
- Lighting & Rendering
- Look Development & Element Shoots
- Modeling and Texture
- Animation and Visual Effects
- Previs & Film Scans
- Roto and Plate Prep
- Rigging & Grading
- Tracking & Match Movement
- High Dynamic Range Photos
Anthony Horn is the founder of the Expo. He most recently served as director of marketing and development for the Visual Effects Society.
“The Production Pipeline Expo 2013 has been conceived to serve as a new home for the solutions that will inspire today’s artist, help discover tomorrow’s new leaders, and spark original ideas that will drive ‘the next big thing’ in the collective creative industries of VFX, animation and game development,” he notes. “This show will focus on the artists, new technologies, original thinking, and talent building, and has been designed to inspire and teach on a collective level.”