Pixologic announces the release of ZBrush 4r4.
Discover imagination and technology with an expanded tool set. Pixologic’s new release of ZBrush 4R4 continues to expand creative freedom with a focus on model topology and detail creation. These new features were developed to let you work freely as an artist while exploring new ideas and design possibilities.
As with all new ZBrush releases, version 4R4 is packed with a huge set of new features and enhancements to let you more readily explore your ideas or streamline your workflow.
Major features in ZBrush 4r4 include:
- Insert Multi Mesh Brushes combine entire libraries of objects into asingle brush.
- Tri Part Multi Mesh Brushes advances the Insert Brush features evenfurther, using PolyGroups to define end cap objects along with a middlesegment.
- QRemesher Alpha frees you from the complex tasks of creating newmodel topology.
- Topology Brush provides manual control over topology creation forthose times when you wish to re-topologize your work with precision.
- Mesh Fusion swaps part of your model's surface with another piece oftopology, automatically bridging the polygons to maintain a seamless mesh.
- Reference Images can now be applied to the ZBrush Grids. Load yourimages for the front, side and top views to more easily create artworkbased on references.
- Over 10,000 available steps make Undo capabilities virtuallyunlimited.
- TransPose Enhancements provide a world axis selector so that you canswitch to any working plane orientation with a single click, or snap theAction Line to your surface normal anywhere on the model.
- DynaMesh Enhancements provide increased resolution (up to 2048) andthe capability to combine SubTools using DynaMesh -- even definingspecific SubTools as negative volumes.
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.