Italy’s VIEW Conference Unveils Stellar 2013 Program
Italy’s VIEW Conference, the premier international event for computer graphics, video games, cinema, 2D and 3D animation and visual effects, has unveiled a stellar program for 2013. Registration is now open for the four-day event, which takes place at the Centro Congressi in Torino, Italy October 15-18, 2013.
This year’s keynote session will be delivered by Pacific Rim visual effects supervisor John Knoll, chief creative officer at Industrial Light & Magic. The closing keynote will be delivered by Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn, the directors of Sony Pictures Animation’s upcoming feature, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
Here are some of the highlights from the full list of workshops, now available on the VIEW website, www.viewconference.it:
- ILM’s Roger Guyett, VFX supervisor and second unit director, Star Trek into Darkness
- Eric Nash, VFX supervisor at Digital Domain, Iron Man 3
- Peter Muyzers, Image Engine, VFX supervisor, Elysium
- Sony Pictures Imageworks supervising animator Troy Saliba and software architect Parag Havaldar , Oz the Great and Powerful
- Marco Carboni, crowd simulation lead at MPC, World War Z
- Lucia Modesta, technical director, DreamWorks Animation, Turbo, The Croods
- Sandra Karpman, technical director, Pixar, Monsters University
- Bruno Chauffard, CG supervisor, MacGuff, Despicable Me 2
- Stephan Franck, director, Sony Pictures Animation’s The Smurfs: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow
- Paul Debevec, associate director of graphics research, USC Institute for Creative Technologies
Preceding the VIEW conference, the annual VIEWFest, the Italian evolution of Resfest, features presentations by Monsters University director Dan Scanlon of Pixar Animation Studios, the European premiere of SIGGRAPH 2013′s Electronic Theater’s selection of the best short films, visual effects excerpts, scientific visualizations, game cinematics and commercials.
“We are so fortunate to be able to bring such talented and highly-honored artists to Turin,” says conference director Maria Elena Gutierrez. “I am grateful so many people are willing to help us continue building the best digital technology conference in Italy. They inspire me. I know they will inspire all the professionals and aspiring professionals who attend. I cannot wait for this conference to begin.”
Source: VIEW Conference