Who needs eggnog and fruitcake when you can celebrate the holidays with Snoopy and Charlie Brown? Warner Home Video (WHV) unveils one of the most extensive Peanuts seasonal DVD sets to date with the release of Peanuts Holiday Collection Ultimate Collectors Edition, available November 16, 2010.
Press Release from Warner Home Video
BURBANK, CA – Who needs eggnog and fruitcake when you can celebrate the holidays with Snoopy and Charlie Brown? Warner Home Video (WHV) unveils one of the most extensive Peanuts seasonal DVD sets to date with the release of Peanuts Holiday Collection Ultimate Collectors Edition, available November 16, 2010. The Blu-ray + DVD Pack showcase three landmark Peanuts holiday specials on Blu-ray™ Hi-Def and the DVD versions. It also includes three bonus episodes and a set of original collectible premiums. A perfect idea for seasonal gift-giving, Peanuts Holiday Collection Ultimate Collectors Edition will retail for $69.97 SRP.
Peanuts Holiday Collection Ultimate Collectors Edition is comprised of three all-time favorite Peanuts prime time specials including It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and A Charlie Brown Christmas. All specials come in a Blu-ray + DVD pack which includes both the Blu-ray and DVD editions of the specials. The collection features six discs total (three Blu-ray discs and three standard discs). DVD extras include three bonus episodes; It’s Magic, Charlie Brown, The Mayflower Voyagers and It’s Christmas Time Again, Charlie Brown. This collection also comes with a set of keepsake collectible premiums including three holiday-themed window clings and a Lucite lenticular Snowglobe that depicts the iconic ice skating scene from A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Peanuts Holiday Collection Ultimate Collectors Edition Featured Specials:
* A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving – In this Emmy® Award-winning special, Peppermint Patty invites herself to Charlie Brown’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. Marcie and Franklin are soon added as dinner guests. Charlie Brown admits that his culinary skills are limited to “cold cereal and maybe toast.” Snoopy and Woodstock transform the ping-pong table in the backyard into a dinner table. As the guests arrive, they are each served two slices of buttered toast, some pretzel sticks, popcorn and jelly beans. Patty is outraged at the meal and berates Charlie Brown until embarrassed and dejected, he leaves the table and goes back into house
* It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – This Emmy® Award-nominated special, finds the Peanuts gang outfitted in costumes, ready for trick or treating and crashing Violet’s Halloween party. Charlie Brown is in a ghost costume (with more eyeholes cut out than needed), Lucy dressed as a witch and Snoopy in a World War I flying ace costume. Linus decides to steadfastly hold vigil in the pumpkin patch as he awaits the Great Pumpkin.
* A Charlie Brown Christmas – In this Emmy® and Peabody Award winning classic, Charlie Brown is upset by how commercial the Christmas holiday has become. To coax him out of his holiday blues, Lucy suggests he direct the school’s Christmas pageant and decorate a glorious tree. Charlie Brown concedes. The tree he finds however, is puny, prompting everyone to ridicule him.
Peanuts Holiday Collection Ultimate Collectors Edition Bonus Episodes:
* It’s Magic, Charlie Brown – This bonus episode finds Snoopy putting on a show after he checks out a book on magic tricks from the library. With Marcie and Sally as his assistants, he performs many tricks (some that work and some that don’t) before an audience. The grand finale features the biggest trick of all, making Charlie Brown disappear. To everyone’s amazement, Snoopy makes him invisible but doesn’t know how to bring Charlie Brown back. Will Snoopy find a way to reverse the trick?
* The Mayflower Voyagers – In this bonus episode from the This is America, Charlie Brown series, the Peanuts kids become pilgrims sailing to the New World aboard the Mayflower and endure the first hard winter on Plymouth Plantation.
* It’s Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown – This episode is the second Christmas-themed Peanuts special since A Charlie Brown Christmas. Holiday preparations include Charlie Brown selling wreaths door-to-door to make extra money, Peppermint Patty sweating out an important book report and the entire crew appearing in a Christmas pageant.
“If you are a fan of the Peanuts, this is the set no collector should miss. It features three of the most revered prime time specials all beautifully re-mastared, on Blu-ray disc for vibrant picture and sound quality. We’ve also added some unique extras including collectible Peanuts memorabilia and other holiday-inspired bonus episodes,” said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Partner Brands Marketing. He added, “Decades after they were initially broadcast, these specials are just as compelling and relevant with today’s young viewers as they were 40 years ago and for many, it’s not the holidays without them.”
About PEANUTS WORLDWIDEIconix Brand Group in a joint venture with Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates has formed PEANUTS Worldwide, a new home to the global PEANUTS property. Iconix Brand Group, Inc. owns, licenses and markets a growing portfolio of consumer brands including CANDIE'S (R), BONGO (R), BADGLEY MISCHKA (R), JOE BOXER (R), RAMPAGE (R), MUDD (R), LONDON FOG (R), MOSSIMO (R), OCEAN PACIFIC(R), DANSKIN (R), ROCA WEAR(R), CANNON (R), ROYAL VELVET (R), FIELDCREST (R), CHARISMA (R), STARTER (R) and WAVERLY (R). In addition, Iconix owns an interest in the ARTFUL DODGER (R), ED HARDY (R), ECKO (R), MARC ECKO (R), ZOO YORK (R), MATERIAL GIRL(TM), and PEANUTS (R) brands. The Company licenses its brands to a network of leading retailers and manufacturers that touch every major segment of retail distribution from the luxury market to the mass market in both the U.S. and worldwide. Through its in-house business development, merchandising, advertising and public relations departments Iconix manages its brands to drive greater consumer awareness and equity.
About Warner Home VideoWith operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, a division of the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.
About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment GroupWarner Bros. Home Entertainment Group brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution, interactive entertainment/videogames, direct-to-DVD production, technical operations and anti-piracy businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. WBHEG is responsible for the global distribution of content through DVD, electronic sell-through and VOD, and delivery of theatrical content to wireless and online channels, and is also a significant worldwide publisher for both internal and third party videogame titles.