New lineup of Kepler-Based NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics delivers unprecedented capabilities to millions of content-creation, design, engineering professionals.
SANTA CLARA, CA --
NVIDIA has unveiled a range of NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics products that offer unprecedented workstation performance and capabilities for professionals in manufacturing, engineering, medical, architectural, and media and entertainment companies.
Built on the ultra-efficient processing power of the NVIDIA Kepler architecture – the world’s fastest, most efficient GPU architecture – the new lineup includes:
- NVIDIA Quadro K4000 – A high-end card that delivers blazing-fast performance for graphics-intensive applications. Has 3GB of onboard memory, multi-monitor support and stereo capability in a single-slot configuration.
- NVIDIA Quadro K2000 – A midrange card that offers outstanding performance with a broad range of professional applications. Comes with 2 GB of onboard memory to hold large models and multi-monitor support for enhanced desktop productivity.
- NVIDIA Quadro K2000D – A variant of the Quadro K2000, with native support for two dual-link DVI display connectors for interfacing with ultra-high-resolution medical imaging displays.
- NVIDIA Quadro K600 – An entry-level card with great performance and certifications for leading professional applications. Equipped with 1 GB of onboard memory, comes in a low-profile design for maximum usage flexibility.
"With NVIDIA Kepler GPUs, we can create fully ray-trace rendered images of a bike before we actually build it," said Nick Schoeps, senior engineer at MotoCzysz, a Portland, Ore., engineering firm that designs, builds and races custom electric motorcycles. "Previously we'd rely only on still renders or low-fidelity motion during design reviews. With Quadro Kepler, we can work with highest quality settings always on. That’s a huge advantage and something we hadn’t been able to do before."
The new cards expand the Quadro technology family - which includes Quadro K5000, Quadro K5000 for Mac, and the complete Quadro mobile workstation product lineup – to deliver an unmatched professional application experience, enhanced visual workspace and proven Quadro compatibility and reliability. Features include:
- Next-generation streaming multiprocessor engine (SMX), delivering up to 50 percent faster visualization performance and twice the compute horsepower of previous-generation products.
- Larger, faster onboard GPU memory to let designers and animators work with larger models and richer scenes while maintaining smooth interactivity during design, visualization and simulation.
- Exclusive NVIDIA FXAA (fast approximate anti-aliasing) and NVIDIA TXAA (temporal anti-aliasing) technologies that deliver stunning movie-style image quality and realism while maintaining a fully interactive experience compared to traditional approaches.
- Support for up to four displays from a single card, enabling desktop workspace expansion for higher productivity and dramatically simplified deployment of display walls and immersive display environments.
- NVIEW Desktop Management Software to boostpersonal productivity with multi-display setups through intuitive window management, virtual desktops and application management.
- Scale-up computation using the second generation NVIDIA Maximus platform, which pairs the Quadro card with an NVIDIA Tesla K20 GPU compute card.
- Easily scale applications to higher resolution using NVIDIA Mosaic technology, which combines up to 16 displays as a single large display.
"NVIDIA Quadro with Kepler architecture offers no-compromise workflow acceleration for customers with exacting computing and graphics demands," said Sandeep Gupte, senior director of the Professional Solutions Group at NVIDIA. "Kepler offers a future-safe GPU solution, whether professionals are integrating more realism and physics into their manufacturing designs or dealing with the complex demands of 4K workflows in broadcast and film."
Unleashing Distinctive Capabilities Across Industries
In manufacturing and AEC (architecture, engineering and construction) industries, professionals can work with complete assemblies and visualize more of their designs, with more realism, across a larger display surface. Architects can now harness the compute power of Quadro GPUs to showcase their vision to clients with amazing realism, using physically accurate rendering techniques.
In media and entertainment, content creators can enjoy fast performance and features that enable them to tell dramatic visual stories without interrupting their creative flow. Film editors and animators can work with more interactive visual effects to create richer scenes with more textures and smooth interactivity.
"Our Kepler-based Quadro card driving the Premiere Pro Mercury Playback Engine blew away our Final Cut performance," said Anthony Safarik, editorial supervisor at Stargate Studios, an award-winning production company in South Pasadena, Calif. "With the Quadro K5000 and Adobe Premiere Pro, we eliminated an hour of upfront rendering and another 20 minutes of rendering the linear effect on top of that. That’s substantial time savings, especially when a roomful of producers, directors and visual effects supervisors are standing over your shoulder."
Availability and Pricing
Available now, the new NVIDIA Quadro products have estimated U.S. retail pricing as follows: Quadro K4000, $1,269; Quadro K2000 and Quadro K2000D, $599; Quadro K600, $199.
Certifications and Support
More than 150 leading software vendors certify and support Quadro-powered workstations, which have earned the reputation as the industry’s most recommended and best tuned professional graphics solutions. The world’s leading workstation original equipment manufacturers – including HP, Dell, Lenovo and Fujitsu, plus systems integrators such as BOXX Technologies and Supermicro – will offer new Quadro-powered workstations.
"HP Workstation customers are professionals at the top of their game, running mission-critical applications that require the best in performance, reliability and innovation," said Jeff Wood, vice president of worldwide marketing, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. "As the workstation industry leader, our graphics-intensive customers demand the type of high-end performance that the NVIDIA Kepler architecture provides."
"Dell Precision workstations are Dell's highest-performing systems with industry-leading dependability and smart design," said Efrain Rovira, executive director, Dell Precision Workstations. "We are pleased to offer NVIDIA’s new range of Quadro professional graphics and provide our engineering and design customers even faster graphics performance to enhance their creative workflows."
"Lenovo's ThinkStation workstations embody power and innovation," said Rob Herman, director of Product and Vertical Marketing, Lenovo. "With GPUs running on NVIDIA's Kepler architecture, our customers across product design, medical research, architecture and more can now get their jobs done faster and better than ever before."