Visual effects artists, innovators, industry leaders and celebrities -- including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Knoxville, and Patton Oswalt -- gather to celebrate outstanding VFX talent.
The Visual Effects Society, the industry’s global professional honorary society, will host the 12th Annual VES Awards on Wednesday, February 12, at the International Ballroom at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA.
The prestigious yearly celebration recognizes outstanding visual effects artistry and innovation in film, animation, television, commercials and video games and the VFX supervisors, VFX producers and hands-on-the-keys artists who bring this work to life. Awards will be presented in 24 categories and the program will feature special Visionary Award and Lifetime Achievement Award presentations. Red carpet arrivals begin at 6:00 p.m. with the awards program running from 8:00-10:30 p.m.
The night will include appearances by the following:
- Visionary Award Recipient - Academy Award nominee Alfonso Cuarón (Gravity)
- Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient - Academy Award winner John Dykstra (Star Wars, Spider-Man II)
- Awards Host - actor/comedian Patton Oswalt (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Goldbergs)
- Grammy Award winner (Producer of the Year), Academy Award nominee Pharrell Williams (Best Original Song, “Happy,” Despicable Me 2)
- Science & Technical Academy Award winner Doug Trumbull (Blade Runner, 2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Bruce Boxleitner (TRON: Legacy; TRON: Uprising, Hallmark TV’s Cedar Cove)
- Michael Ealy (Almost Human, About Last Night)
- Sophie Kennedy Clark (Philomena, Nymphomaniac)
- Johnny Knoxville (Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa)
- Sharon Lawrence (Rizzoli & Isles; Amazon TV's The After)
- Emmy Award winner Richard Schiff (The West Wing, Man of Steel)
- Alyssa Sutherland (Vikings)
- 22 VES Awards nominees – who are current Academy Award Nominees
“The artistry, ingenuity and passion of visual effects practitioners around the world have come together to tell the most amazing stories imaginable,” said Jeffrey A. Okun, VES Chair. “This year, more than ever, we have seen the fantastic become normal, the unimaginable become reality and the artistry of VFX drive box office. The VES Awards is the only place where this amazing work is showcased and honored.”
Source: Visual Effects Society