LightWave 3D Group unveils NevronMotion, a new motion capture software for LightWave 11.6.
Anaheim, CA --
The LightWave 3D Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., unveiled NevronMotion, an exciting new motion capture retargeting software for LightWave 11.6 that supports the popular Microsoft Kinect camera. With NevronMotion, artists and animators can quickly and easily capture, adjust and retarget motion data to 3D models inside LightWave.
NevronMotion extends the Virtual Studio Tools in LightWave 11.6 3D software to let artists:
- Capture live rig motion with the Microsoft Kinect camera
- Retarget motion capture directly in LightWave Layout
- Save and adjust captured motion data from the Kinect camera
- Easily adjust arm and leg mocap positions and layer hand-keyed animation on top of motion capture files
- Save and load retargeting presets for FBX, BVH, or custom set ups
- Preset rigs for Kinect and motion capture formats
- Quickly bake out motion to character rigs
"Working with motion capture files in LightWave is now extremely easy with the new tools in NevronMotion. Not only can artists quickly retarget a motion capture skeleton on LightWave characters, but they can create presets for retargeting to speed up working with custom motion capture libraries,” said Rob Powers, president, LightWave 3D Group. “And when paired with the Kinect Camera, the real-time performance and motion capture capabilities of NevronMotion make it a real game changer."
Source: LightWave 3D Group