O’Reilly’s The External World Takes Grand Prix at Ottawa
· WWF ‘Heroes of the UAE’ by Josiah Newbolt and Ben Falk (United Kingdom).
“For its memorable twist.”
The 2010 Best Music Video is:
· Blockhead ‘The Music Scene’ by Anthony Schepperd (U.S.A.).
“Powerful, non-stop fluidity.”
The 2010 Best Television Animation for Adults is:
· Midtown Twist by Gary Leib (U.S.A.).
“Jazzy, upbeat fun.”
Special Mention: Tord och Tord (Tord and Tord) by Niki Lindroth von Bahr (Sweden)
Reason: “Warm and fuzzy, yet dry and dark.”
Special Mention: Fumiko no Kokuhaku (Fumiko’s Confession) by Ishida Hiroyasu (Japan)
Reason: “Amazing technique and energy.”
The 2010 Best Short Animation Made for Children is:
· Cul de bouteille (Specky Four Eyes) by Jean-Claude Rozec (France).
Honourable Mention: Diversity by Anthony Dusko (U.S.A.)
The 2010 Best Television Animation Made for Children is:
· The Gruffalo by Jakob Schuh and Max Lang (United Kingdom).
Honourable Mention: Spliced ‘Helen’ by Matt Ferguson (Canada)
The 2010 National Film Board of Canada PUBLIC PRIZE is:
· Sinna Mann (Angry Man) by Anita Killi (Norway).
The Canadian Film Institute (CFI) Award for Best Canadian Animation is:
· Lipsett Diaries by Theodore Ushev (Canada).
Honourable Mention: Playtime by Steven Woloshen (Canada)
About the Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF)
OIAF 2010 was held from October 20 to 24 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Events at OIAF included special screenings, panels, workshops, parties and TAC. The OIAF is North America’s animation film festival featuring cutting-edge programming catering to industry executives, trend-setting artists, students and animation fans. As an annual five-day, the OIAF brings art and industry together in a vibrant hub, attracting more than 27,000 film buffs, art lovers, producers and cartoon fans around the world. For more information about the OIAF, please visit: www.animationfestival.ca.