SpeedTree v6.1.1 Provides Support for Cinema 4D
Press release from SpeedTree:
COLUMBIA, SC – Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. (IDV), developers of real-time three-dimensional applications, announced that new versions of its flagship line of vegetation generating products — SpeedTree® Studio 6.1.1 and SpeedTree® Cinema 6.1.1 — now offer direct support for CINEMA 4D, the industry-leading 3D motion graphics, visual effects, painting, and rendering software application. CINEMA 4D artists working in a variety of industries including film, games, architectural and industrial design, will benefit from SpeedTree’s unprecedented real-time speed and precision in the design of virtual trees and plants.
The new version, available at www.speedtree.com for trial and license, also includes:
- Maya FBX Plug-In. Trees exported as FBX files are now fully supported in Maya through a new custom plug-in. Imported trees are faithfully interpreted for use by any of Maya's native renderers, including mental ray®.
- Exporting. Unwrapped models with texture generation, 64-bit support, faster wind computation, mesh optimization, fewer branch seams, multiple point cache improvements, and camera-facing leaf support.
- Improved GUI. New navigation options, background image support, and viewport rendering options.
- Branch Intersection Blending. Blends textures seamlessly between branches and trunks, making for a much more natural intersection.
- Significant Performance Increases. Models compute up to six times faster, mesh crawling algorithm up to three times faster and leaf collision speeds up to 35 times faster. These improvements, combined with GUI and collection optimizations, make for an even more interactive experience.
“We’ve received many requests for direct CINEMA 4D export and we’re very pleased to deliver this feature now,” said IDV President Michael Sechrest. “CINEMA 4D support, coupled with performance, GUI and exporting enhancements should bring SpeedTree users a vastly improved experience.”
“We’re thrilled IDV has added native support for CINEMA 4D,” said Dr. Bernd Lutz, product manager at MAXON Computer GmbH. “MAXON customers are always looking for solutions to help them improve workflow efficiency and we are confident our user base, faced with the technical demands of creating vegetation, will benefit from SpeedTree’s direct support, ease and performance.”
SpeedTree, featured in 2009’s Avatar, delivers beautiful, amazingly natural real-time trees and plants for movies, animations and architectural renderings. SpeedTree includes SpeedTree Modeler, an application for Windows, Mac and Linux that offers a unique hybrid of hand and procedural modeling options. For more information about SpeedTree visit www.speedtree.com.
Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. (IDV) develops software products with a focus on real-time three-dimensional applications for the game development, visual simulation, engineering visualization, and animation industries. IDV, a privately held corporation, was founded in 1999 in Columbia, South Carolina. For more information about IDV visit www.idvinc.com.
About CINEMA 4D
MAXON CINEMA 4D is a professional 3D software package offering everything needed to create high-end 3D images and animations for film, broadcast, architecture, games, multimedia, design and engineering. Building upon more than two decades of excellence, CINEMA 4D offers spectacular image quality and an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that puts professional results within reach of artists at all levels of CGI experience. CINEMA 4D delivers speed and productivity by taking advantage of the latest advances in processor technology and offers configurations tailored to the distinct needs of specialized 3D markets.