iPi Soft Set To Unveil iPi Motion Capture Version 2.0
- New actor appearance models and skeleton structure with improved accuracy in multiple person tracking, props tracking and head/hands tracking
- New project file format, including data for fingers and props
- Improved tracking accuracy
- Optimized tracking of female characters
- New custom “iPi Video” format with useful features specific to motion capture use
- Better video compression offering higher compression ratios, a plus for users dealing with large amounts of recorded video
- Support for new devices: ASUS Xtion and Kinect for Windows
- Depth and RGB video recording for ASUS Xtion sensor
- Support for latest official Kinect for Windows drivers
- Workflow improvements such as “New project” wizard that makes it easy for new users to get started, and “Recent files” caching for advanced users.
Pricing and Availability
iPi Soft makes available three editions of its entry-level markerless motion capture technology – Express, Basic and Standard – that differ by the set of available features and complexity of motions that can be tracked. The new iPi Motion Capture Version 2.0 is scheduled for release in Spring 2012. iPi Soft products are available directly from the web site and its worldwide distribution channel.
About iPi Motion Capture:
iPi Motion Capture is a markerless motion capture software tool that uses sophisticated image processing and computer vision algorithms to recognize and track the human body. The scalable system supports dual Kinect cameras working at the same time on the same PC capturing complex motions, including 360-degrees turns. It also supports other inexpensive off-the-shelf equipment such as PlayStation Eye cameras and webcams.
iPi Motion Capture brings a totally new workflow paradigm to filmmakers, CG animator broadcast motion graphics designers, videogame developers and prosumers in entertainment, military and other vertical markets. Captured animations do not exhibit artifacts like jitter or foot skate and can be exported in popular animation formats including FBX, BVH and COLLADA. The software is compatible with many leading game engines, 3D software applications and animation rigs, including MAXON CINEMA 4D, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3D Studio Max, DAZ 3D DAZ Studio, Poser, Valve Source Engine, Unreal Engine, Unity and others. It also includes an integrated motion transfer engine and supports accurate motion retargeting for custom rigs.
About iPi Soft:
Launched in 2008 by CEO and Chief Technology Architect Michael Nikonov, iPi Soft, LLC is the Moscow-based developer of iPi Motion Capture, a markerless motion capture software tool that uses sophisticated image processing and computer vision algorithms to recognize and track the human body. The company’s breakthrough technology digitizes the movement of a human skeleton, rendering it in expressive 3D characters for video games or computer generated films. For additional information on iPi Soft, product pricing or a 30-day free trial please visit, http://www.ipisoft.com.