Midway Games Inc. has shipped HAPPY FEET the videogame, licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Ent., for the PlayStation2, GameCube, Nintendo DS & Wii Game Boy Advance and personal computers.
Based on the Warner Bros. Pictures feature film, HAPPY FEET the videogame follows tapdancing penguin, Mumble, in his struggle to find his soul mate. Featuring the voices of Elijah Wood as Mumble and Brittany Murphy as Gloria, the videogame sees Mumble dance, bellysled and swim his way through Antarctica in his attempts to win Gloria's heart.
"We're ecstatic to have created a game to complement the movie that will be fun for kids and parents of any age to play together," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. " HAPPY FEET the videogame will allow fans of the movie to dance, swim and bellysled, just like Mumble, Gloria and the rest of the penguins from the movie, supported by an extensive marketing campaign which includes:
* National television advertising campaign on multiple mainstream networks, including ABC, CBS, Fox, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Nicktoons and WGN.
* Inclusion in Burger King Kid's Meal promotion in the U.S. featuring a $5 off game coupon while supplies last.
* Hollywood Movie Money promotion in the U.S. and Canada, featuring free child's movie ticket (maximum $7.00 (CDN $8.00)) inside HAPPY FEET PlayStation 2 and Nintendo GameCube videogames.
* Exciting copromotions and sweepstakes involving game giveaways with HAPPY FEET film partners, including Pepperidge Farm and CocaCola.
* Crosspromotions and advertising with HAPPY FEET film partners, including Penguin Publications and Thinkway Toys.
* Print advertising campaign across multiple major consumer publications including Nickelodeon, Disney Adventures, Boy's Life, National Geographic for Kids and Nintendo Power.
* Online advertising campaign targeting kid-friendly websites such as KOL, Cartoon Network, Kids WB!, National Geographic Kids, Nintendo, Neopets and Nick.
* Retail "Gift With Purchase" programs include: plush Mumble at KMart and Shopko; bonus soundtrack sampler at WalMart (U.S.); activity books at Toys 'R Us (U.S.) and WalMart (Canada); and plush keychains at Toys 'R Us (Canada).
* Dedicated web presence at www.happyfeetgame.com, the official website of Happy Feet the videogame.
Based on the general storyline of the film, players will be able to experience life from the point of view of Mumble through music, dance and interaction with friends and enemies. Mumble will grow from a small fluffy toddler into a tall, sleek, confident adult as he bellysleds, dances, and swims through Antarctica on an amazing adventure. Gameplay features a number of different play modes, complemented by a playful and lively music soundtrack.
For more information on Happy Feet the videogame, please visit www.happyfeetgame.com.
Warner Bros. Interactive Ent. Inc., a Warner Bros. Ent. Co., is a premier licensor, publisher and developer of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including consoles, PCbased gaming and wireless applications.
Midway Games Inc. (www.midway.com), headquartered in Chicago, with offices throughout the world, is a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for major videogame systems and personal computers.