The Manhattan Edit Workshop announces an all-star lineup for the “Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story” event on June 8th, including LOOK Effects' Jeff Wozniak.
New York, New York -- Manhattan Edit Workshop (MEWShop) announced growing support for its Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story event held on June 8, 2013 at the French Institute in the heart of Manhattan. Industry luminaries Sony Creative Software, Technicolor and Dolby recently signed on as sponsors, joining the likes of AbelCine, ACE, Adorama, AJA, Art of the Guillotine, Autodesk, Blackmagic Design, Boris FX, CCW, Digieffects, EditShare, DV Expo East, HP, IFP, Imagineer Systems, MoPictive, MPSE, Noise Industries, NY Editors Collective, NYWIFT, ProductionHUB and Tekserve.
Also added to the Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story cast of all-stars is Jeff Wozniak of LOOK Effects, who has worked on blockbusters including Star Wars: Episodes I-III (though he claims he had nothing to do with the creation of Jar Jar Binks), Star Trek and Avatar. Wozniak joins VFX experts from The Molecule and Gravity World for ITCR’s visual effects panel. Arguably one of the hottest topics in filmmaking today, the superstar panel will screen their work and discuss the vital role of the visual effects team in the current state of the industry. Leading the highly anticipated panel is Ross Shain, chief marketing officer of Imagineer Systems and 2013 Sci-Tech Academy Award winner.
“I am looking forward to hosting the Visual Effects Panel as part of MEWshop’s Inside the Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story event,” says Shain. “This will be a great opportunity for industry leaders to share thoughts on creativity, workflows and the increased role of visual effects in today's post-production environments.”
Held at the famed French Institute in Manhattan on Saturday, June 8, 2013, Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story’s prestigious guest lineup features Oscar winners and industry visionaries including:
- Michael Berenbaum, A.C.E. – Before Night Falls, Sex and the City, The Americans
- Patrick Ehrlund, B-Reel - Hotel 626, Arcade Fire, The Wilderness Downtown
- Eugene Gearty, MPSE – The Departed, Inside Man, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Jerry Greenberg, A.C.E. – The French Connection, Apocalypse Now, Kramer vs. Kramer
- Chris Healer, VFX artist from The Molecule – Beasts of the Southern Wild, Elementary
- Alan Heim, A.C.E. – Network, All That Jazz, Lenny
- Yuval Levy, Gravity World – The DaVinci Code, The Adjustment Bureau
- Sam Miille, Sound Effects Assistant - Shutter Island, Hugo, Life of Pi
- Susan Morse, A.C.E. – Manhattan, Arthur, The Warriors, Hannah and Her Sisters
- Bill Pankow, A.C.E. – The Untouchables, Carlito's Way, Drumline
- Evan Schechtman, @radical.media – The Johnny Cash Project, Sting Appumentary
- Phil Stockton, MPSE – Hugo, Shutter Island, Brokeback Mountain, Life of Pi
- Oscar Tillman, B-Reel - Hotel 626, Asylum 626
- Jeffrey Wolf, A.C.E. – A.C.O.D., Bachelorette, Billy Madison
- Jeff Wozniak, LOOK Effects – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Star Trek, Marvel’s The Avengers, Minority Report
- David Zieff, Editor – McConkey, Metallica: Some Kind of Monster, TV Nation, Chico Mendez, Voice of the Amazon
Source: Manhattan Edit Workshop
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.