MAXON Computer announced the company’s exhibitor participation at SIGGRAPH 2012 – the leading convention for computer graphics and interactive technology professionals, taking place August 7-9, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Newbury Park, CA -- MAXON Computer announced the company’s exhibitor participation at SIGGRAPH 2012 – the leading convention for computer graphics and interactive technology professionals, taking place August 7-9, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
SIGGRAPH 2012 Booth Highlights
MAXON welcomes general SIGGRAPH 2012 attendees to stop by Booth #723 to see technology demonstrations of its industry-leading creative tools CINEMA 4D and BodyPaint 3D that will highlight motion graphics, visual effects, efficient workflows and exciting new developments. Additionally, the show line-up on the MAXON main stage will feature presentations from veteran 3D creative professionals at leading production facilities and design studios that will showcase amazing content, share stories and reveal tips and techniques on an array of 3D topics.
Customers scheduled to showcase CINEMA 4D’s ease-of-use and breakthrough performance in production include:
- Nick “the Gorilla”Campbell, theonline phenom behind Greyscalegorilla and uber CINEMA 4D user and educator, will show tools and tricks thatspeed up motion design workflow and make creating in 3D ‘fun’;
- Jim Clark, co-owner of HIVE-FX, a Portland, Oregon-based VFX,animation and live-action studio, will be showcasing CINEMA 4D techniquesused for creating dynamic, photorealistic hair for the creatures on NBC's Grimm.The company has experienced tremendous growth on branding campaigns formajor brands like Nike, Intel, HP and NBC.
- Gabriel Smetzer, a San Francisco-basedaward-winning freelance motion graphics designer, will demonstrate thegeneral workflow of his latest animated project, TheStory of Flewn;
- Casey Hupke, a freelance VFXdesigner/animator who has collaborated on campaigns for leading brandssuch as IBM, ATT, Coca Cola, and Buick, will showcase recent projectsusing CINEMA 4D’s Thinking Particles toolset that brings workflowefficiency and a unique design esthetic to his commercial projects;
- Matthias Zabiegly and Manuel Merkle ofMunich-based AixSponza,will demonstrate the use of Xpresso, the expression editor in CINEMA 4D,to make an abstract, growing tree and the software’s collaborative benefitson projects involving upwards of 30 artists;
- Ash Thorp, a freelance designer,art director, illustrator, and creative director, will show the role ofCINEMA 4D in the design process, from conceptual idea/problem to solution,using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and more;
- Andrew Kramer, host of the Video Copilot website,will create high end VFX destruction elements and explosions within CINEMA4D.
- Chris Broeska and Chris Korn,animators and CG artists at FUSEAnimation will highlight CINEMA 4D workflow tips on noted animationprojects. They will also give a preview of some exciting developments inCINEMA 4D.
- Josh Johnson, a visual effects andmotion graphics artist with Chimaeric, MAXON onlineCineversity tutorial instructor and host of the visual effects tutorialsite, vfxdaily.com, will share techniques in CINEMA 4D that enhancecreativity.
- Dr. Sassi,world-renownedcomputer animator and 3D authority, will showcase the new CINEMA 4Dexchange plug-in to The Foundry NUKE and preview his highly anticipated 3Dfilmmaking tutorial series for users of Cineversity, MAXON USA’s onlineeducation and training resource.
Live Coverage from the MAXON Booth
For MAXON enthusiasts unable to attend the show, the company is dedicating a live stream from its SIGGRAPH booth with expanded coverage of guest artists, presentation schedules, and news from the show floor that will be available online for the duration of the show. Live stream broadcasts will be available at http://www.c4dlive.com/.
New Educational Edition and Filmmaking Tutorial Series MAXON remains committed to providing 3D education and training resources that maximizes artists’ proficiency and productivity. Of special interest to students and educators attending SIGGRAPH is the company’s recent introduction of the free CINEMA 4D Student Version and the very affordable CINEMA 4D Student/Teacher version, presently being introduced in selected countries worldwide. These new versions make MAXON's revolutionary tools affordable for students, teachers, colleges and universities.
MAXON Booth Location and Hours
The MAXON exhibit booth #723 at SIGGRAPH 2012 is located as follows:
Los Angeles Convention Center 1201 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA
Exhibit Hall Hours: Tuesday, August 7: 9 am - 5:30 pm Wednesday, August 8: 9 am - 5:30 pm Thursday, August 9: 9 am – 1:00 pm
Source: MAXON Computer