LIMA announces the Licensing University lineup for Licensing Expo 2014, which includes 26 sessions for everyone from industry newcomers to advanced practitioners.
The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA) will present 26 Licensing University sessions this year during Licensing Expo, the largest annual event of the multi-billion dollar a year licensing business, organized by Advanstar Communications. The sessions will cover a range of topics vital to crafting successful licensing initiatives around the world, all featuring some of the most respected executives speaking on legal issues, social media, international business, forecasting, and the retail marketplace, among others. Licensing University takes place from Monday, June 16, to Thursday, June 19, 2014 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
“Our Licensing University program has proven to be an invaluable resource for licensing professionals at all stages of their careers – whether their goal is to learn more about licensing, expand their business around the globe, or keep on top of important trends across the industry,” said LIMA President, Charles Riotto. “We provide a broad range of opportunities for attendees to connect with one another on topics that will assist them in developing effective strategies and ultimately winning with retailers and consumers.”
One of the Licensing University highlights will come on Tuesday, June 17, at 8am, when Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation and a notable media visionary, delivers the Licensing Expo Keynote Address. This session is free to all Expo attendees and exhibitors.
Seminars and presentations during Licensing University include:
Licensing University will offer three sessions on Monday, June 16, before the exhibition hall opens, that focus on the fundamentals of licensing, including: Basics of Licensing (moderated by JJ Ahearn of Licensing Street, 10am-12 noon); Basics of International Licensing (led by Ciaran Coyle of Electrolux Group, 1-2pm); and Basics of Licensing Law (led by Jed Ferdinand of 24IP Law Group, 2:15-3:45pm).
Other licensing sessions include:
- Advanced Licensing Strategies – Moderated by Stuart Seltzer of Seltzer Licensing, Tuesday, June 17, 4-5:15pm.
- Basics of Art Licensing – Led by Joanne Olds of The Buffalo Works, Wednesday, June 18, 8-9:15am
- Anatomy of a Licensing Agreement – Led by Greg Battersby of Battersby Law Group, Wednesday, June 18, 1:15-2:30pm
Among the many other Licensing University sessions to be conducted during the 3-day event are:
Marketing & Branding
- Protecting the Brand: Understanding Compliance for Licensors and Licensees – Moderated by Susan Deragon of UL, Tuesday, June 17, 11:15am-12:30pm
- Understanding Social Media: What You Need to Know From a Marketing and Legal Perspective – Moderated by Debbie Bookstaber of Element Associates, Tuesday, June 17, 1-2:15pm
- Like, Link, Follow Me - Making Sure Licensor and Licensee are on the Same Marketing Page – Moderated by Michelle Alfandari of Moda Licensing, Wednesday, June 18, 8-9:15am
- What To Do When Things Go Wrong – Moderated by Stephen Reily of IMC Licensing, Wednesday, June 18, 9:45-11am
- How to Maximize the Effectiveness of Your Intellectual Property Through Promotions – Moderated by Russell Brown of Valiant Entertainment, Thursday, June 19, 10:45am-12 noon
- From Good to G’RATE: What Every Licensing Professional Should Know About Royalty Rates – Moderated by Adina Avery-Grossman of Brandgenuity, Tuesday, June 17, 9:30–10:45am
- How Retailers and Licensees Look at Licenses – Moderated by Marty Brochstein of LIMA, Tuesday, June 17, 4-5:15pm
- Winning Retail Presentation Strategies – Moderated by Leigh Ann Schwarzkopf of Project Partners Network, Wednesday, June 18, 9:45-11am
- Category Focus: Food Licensing – Lots to Chew On – Moderated by Susie Frausto of Jel-Sert, Wednesday, June 18, 11:30am–12:45pm
- Why Digital is Disrupting the Licensing Industry and Why You Should Care – Moderated by Dan Amos of Tinderbox, Thursday, June 19, 9-10:15am
Access to Licensing University sessions is via the All-Access Pass that provides admission to all sessions at a discounted rate of $149 for LIMA members ($169 for non-LIMA members). To see the full schedule of Licensing University sessions and to register, click here. Licensing Expo 2014 is sponsored by LIMA and produced by Advanstar Communications.