LightWave 3D Group announces the final release of ChronoSculpt, a time-based sculpting software.
ChronoSculpt software introduces a new concept of error correction to the animation pipeline—sculpting over time. The LightWave 3D Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., announced the final release of ChronoSculpt is now available worldwide.
Chronosculpt offers a revolutionary new way for artists using any professional 3D modeling and animation software to review and correct cache animation and dynamic simulation errors using timeline-based sculpting tools. Its flexible interface supports leading file formats for all professional 3D software programs, including LightWave 3D, Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya and XSI, Luxology Modo, Maxon Cinema 4D and others.
Supporting soft- and rigid-body dynamics, ChronoSculpt has the ability to correct and remove errors in real time by sculpting and deformimg massive polygonal models on the software’s timeline without returning to the original software.
ChronoSculpt allows 3D artists to:
- Quickly remove dynamic simulation errors and jitters and sculpt deformations on cache files from 3D software programs
- Deform and manipulate geometry over time with Sculpt, Drag, Pinch, and Erase tools
- Move, scale and rotate geometry over time in dynamic simulation cache with tools such as Transform, Pin, and Bulge
- Manipulate massive geometry files and easily edit objects as large as 10 million polygons
- Utilize universal file formats, including Alembic, LWO, OBJ, LightWave MDD, and Autodesk Geometry Cache for easy integration into all software pipelines
- Save any frame from the ChronoSculpt timeline as an OBJ file for Maya Blend Shapes or as an Endomorph for LightWave to create facial morph targets and deformation effects
- Use the ChronoSculpt Clip Timeline to quickly adjust and reposition the length of a cache animation sculpt anywhere on the timeline or make global changes to the entire animation
Source: LightWave 3D Group