Ghost Overlay, Live View Support for Nikon and Canon DSLRs now available in iStopMotion 3.6 for Mac.
Puchheim, Germany -- Onion-skin your way to animation perfection with iStopMotion 3.6. The latest update to Boinx Software’s stop motion animation software for the Mac now offers live view support for DSLR cameras from Nikon and Canon. Beta-tested and App Store-approved, iStopMotion 3.6 adds support for the Nikon D5100, Nikon D5200, Nikon D7100 and Nikon D800 DSLR, so animators using these cameras can now enjoy the greatest feature of iStopMotion: Onion Skinning. The live preview with semi-transparent ghost image overlay allows animators to see their next shot and make even the tiniest of adjustments before capturing the frame. For a complete list of iStopMotion-compatible DSLR cameras, please visit the Boinx support page. If your Canon or Nikon DSLR is not supported, please let us know using the “Provide Feedback” command in the iStopMotion menu.
Learn to Animate with the “Stop Motion Handbook” -- Special Pricing Limited Time Only! Whether you’re brand new to stop motion animation or simply want to perfect your skills, Craig Lauridsen’s “Stop Motion Handbook” is the ultimate guide to animating with iStopMotion. Perfect for teachers, parents or kids who want to produce their own stop motion movies, the handbook covers a broad range of key concepts and tools necessary for creating fantastic animations. From developing your story and recording audio to making props and backgrounds, creating characters, editing your movie and more, the “Stop Motion Handbook” is the complete guide to producing your very own stop motion animations with iStopMotion, GarageBand and iMovie.
To celebrate the launch of iStopMotion 3.6, the Stop Motion Handbook (ePub) by Craig Lauridsen is now available for just $9.99 (instead of $15.99). The printed version is also $5 off. Both offers are valid until May 23, 2014.
Key Features in iStopMotion 3.6
- Onion skinning: See what the animation is going to look like before you capture the frame
- Rotoscope: Use another movie as a guide for your animation to get the movements just right
- Support for animated GIF export: save any sequence of up to 200 frames as an animated GIF right to the hard drive
- Tilt shift filter: One of the most popular photo and video effects today, make your scene look like a miniature
- Chroma keying: Animate dinosaurs into real background pictures or movies, or put an actor into an animated scene
- Flip book printing: Turn your animation into a nice, retro flip book
iStopMotion for the Mac is available on the Boinx website for 49.99 USD, or as a free update for existing version 3 customers. iStopMotion 3.6 requires OS X 10.7.4 Lion or newer.
Source: Boinx Software Ltd.
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.