Mattel's Monster High Gets Feature & Web Series Deals
* Animated Special Featuring Music by “American Idol” Allison Iraheta: Mattel will develop a 30-minute animated special with music from Allison Iraheta, season eight “American Idol” star, whose pop-goth style is a natural fit for the brand. Iraheta’s songs “Scars” and “Friday I’ll Be Over You” touch on the challenges of “fitting in,” a recurring theme within the Monster High property. The special is set to air this fall on a variety of mediums including online, broadcast and mobile. (Fall 2010)
Apparel and Accessories:
* Apparel with Justice: Just in time for the back-to-school shopping season, Mattel has partnered with Justice to launch a full line of Monster High products for tweens. The edgy, fashion-forward offerings include apparel, lifestyle accessories, back-to-school items and jewelry. Justice will also feature Monster High and its webisodes on the Tween Network in-store media screens, brand ads, the Justice catazine and on the company’s website. (Available in store July 2010)
* Costumes with Party City: An exciting partnership and extremely organic extension for Monster High, Mattel has partnered with Party City to launch tween and teen character costumes for Frankie Stein, Clawdeen Wolf and Draculaura complete with wigs. (Available September 2010 exclusively at Party City)
* Licensed Consumer Products Partners: High IntenCity, Accessory Innovations, Ashko Group and ACI International have each designed a line of freaky chic products from fashion bags, hair accessories and jewelry to socks and slippers that mix edgy fashion with softer lace and charm accents to give tween girls killer style. (Available in Fall 2010)
* Mattel Toy Line: Mattel introduces a multi-category toy line, anchored in a collection of drop dead gorgeous fashion dolls, which also includes Monster High-themed plush, electronics, role play and novelty items. (Available at mass retailers July 2010)
Please visit www.monsterhigh.com for more information.
Mattel, Inc., (NASDAQ: MAT, www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, American Girl, Radica and Tyco R/C, as well as Fisher-Price brands, including Little People, Power Wheels and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2010, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the third year in a row, and was ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Mattel also is recognized among the "World's Most Ethical Companies." With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 27,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are "Creating the Future of Play."