Autodesk Previews NAB 2012 Highlights
SAN RAFAEL, CA -- At the NAB Show (NAB) April 16-19, 2012, Autodesk will reveal a new, radically redesigned version of Autodesk Smoke software; demonstrate the latest releases of its Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suites, including the new Ultimate Suite; and celebrate 20 years of industry leadership in visual effects for the commercial, film and broadcast industries.
During NAB, audiences worldwide will be able to view Autodesk product demonstrations and live customer showcases both at the event in Las Vegas (South Hall, booth #3315) and online on the AREA community site. Attendees are invited to swing on the booth -- literally -- we'll have three swings integrated into the booth to sweep you off your feet.
The following Autodesk Digital Entertainment Creation products will be featured at the booth:
· Autodesk Smoke -- a completely redesigned and repackaged version of the all-in-one video editing and effects tool for the Mac
· Autodesk Flame Premium software -- Autodesk's innovative combination of tools for real-time color grading and interactive 3D visual effects
· Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suites: Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite and the new Autodesk Entertainment Creation Ultimate Suite -- software for creating computer animation, motion graphics and visual effects; the new Ultimate Suite includes both Maya and 3ds Max along with certain other Autodesk Media & Entertainment tools.
Autodesk Customer Showcase
· Vico Sharabani and Alex Frisch, co-founders and visual effects supervisors at Copa Network, will present their work using Flame Premium and Autodesk Mudbox software on Nicki Minaj and David Guetta's "Turn Me On" music video.
· Ben Fender of Drive Productions, a London-based boutique specializing in 4D mapping, projecting content and 3D animation onto complex backgrounds, such as buildings and stage sets, will present recent work for Bombay Sapphire, Nokia and PRL created using Autodesk Maya software.
· Evan Schechtman from transmedia company @radical.media will demonstrate how he uses Smoke and Maya to create many of its award-winning multiplatform creations.
Flame Turns 20
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Autodesk Flame, Autodesk's Academy Award-winning 3D compositing system. Come by the booth to see the new version, great imagery and customer presentations and visit area.autodesk.com/flame20 to experience 20 years of stunning visual effects created by Flame artists. Autodesk invites digital artists worldwide to be a part of this amazing journey by sharing your memories and contributing new Flame creations.