Imagineer Systems to demonstrate the newest version of mocha Pro at IBC 2013 with VFX artists Mathias Möhl, Ben Brownlee and Jonas Hummelstrand; mocha Meetup event planned for Saturday, September 14 at 4:30-6:30 p.m.
GUILDFORD, UK -- Imagineer Systems announced it will be demonstrating its newest point release of mocha Pro v3.2 at stand 7.J49 at IBC 2013 in Amsterdam. mocha Pro v3.2 provides much improved international character support and significant features to help visual effects artists work more efficiently, including:
- PlanarTracking - powerful 2D motion tracking for solving the most difficultvisual effects and post production tasks.
- Roto &Masking - advanced rotoscoping tools for creating masks with less manual keyframes.
- ObjectRemoval - unique module for removing foreground objects and creating cleanplates without manual paint and clone.
- Advancedmodules for 3D camera solving, Lens Distortion, Stabilization andmore.
- SupportsIndustry Applications - Seamless workflow with Apple Final Cut Pro, AdobeAfter Effects, Avid, Autodesk Flame & Smoke, Eyeon Fusion, Quantel,Maxon Cinema 4D, Nuke and many more.
Imagineer Systems will also host a mocha User Meetup Event at IBC 2013. During the event, the team from Imagineer Systems will be joined by special guest artists to present mocha Pro and mocha AE CC - Imagineer’s planar tracking and roto utility designed for Adobe After Effects Creative Cloud Users.
The IBC mocha Meetup will be held in the Imagineer Systems IBC 2013 stand (7.J49) on Saturday, September 14th from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the Amsterdam RAI conference center. Registration is free and tickets can be reserved online by visiting: http://mocha-ibc2013.eventbrite.com.
During the IBC mocha Meetup, and throughout the show, Imagineer Systems will be joined by renowned VFX artists to help demonstrate the power of mocha in different scenarios, including:
- Mathias Möhlfrom Mamoworld.com;
- Ben Brownleefrom Curious Turtle Training;
- VisualEffects Supervisor, Jonas Hummelstrand, who will present upcoming VFX workfrom "Real Humans" season 2, which airs on SVT in December 2013.(www.svt.se/)
Imagineer Systems will also offer a free seat of mocha Pro as a raffle prize for event attendees.
In February 2013, Imagineer Systems was honored by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences with a Scientific and Technical Award for mocha and its Planar Tracking technology. Imagineer Systems’ Philip McLauchlan, Allan Jaenicke, John-Paul Smith and Ross Shain were selected as a winner for mocha and its underlying Planar Tracking technology. The company was recognized for their proven record of contributing significant value to the post-production process of making motion pictures.
Over the years, Imagineer’s mocha software has gained acclaimed notoriety within Hollywood’s visual effects community for its ability to “motion track” problematic footage such as out of focus and marker-less areas helping enable a technique called ‘digital makeup’ or ‘seamless effects.’ Visual effects artists use planar tracking to magically transform actors and locations without requiring timely makeup sessions and expensive sets, allowing directors to make important creative decisions long after the performance has been captured. Capturing accurate movement is essential and mocha has been involved in some famous digital makeup examples such as the snake-like noseless Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter films, replacing Mystique’s eyes in X-Men and helping Natalie Portman undergo an amazing transformation in Black Swan.
Source: Imagineer Systems Ltd.