Imagination Technologies will showcase their new developments in ray-traced graphics at SIGGRAPH with previews of Caustic Visualizer for Maya v1.2 and Caustic Visualizer for 3ds Max 1.0.
San Francisco, CA -- Imagination Technologies’ Caustic Professional will showcase new developments in ray-traced graphics through a series of tech talks, customer demonstrations, and sneak previews of Caustic Visualizer for Maya v1.2 and Caustic Visualizer for 3ds Max 1.0 at the Imagination Technologies booth, 351.
Imagination will also lead several talks at SIGGRAPH on the advancement and expansion of ray-traced graphics technology for rendering photo-realistic, cinema-quality 3D to artists in media and entertainment.
Complete Presentation Schedule:
- Monday, July 22, 2:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. – Convention Center,room 304 A-D -- “Ray Tracing is the Future and Ever WillBe.” ThisSIGGRAPH course will feature James McCombe, Imagination director of researchand Caustic co-founder, as part of a session presenting thestate-of-the-art in ray tracing technology.
- Tuesday, July 23, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. – Convention Center,booth 117 --“Accelerating Look Development withReal-Time, Interactive Ray-Traced Viewports.” During this tech talk, presenters willdiscuss real-time use of Imagination’s ray tracing hardware and Visualizerviewport plugins to help users make better-informed creative choices intheir modelling and lighting pipelines.
- Wednesday, July 24, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Convention Center, room 303 A-B -- “New Directions and Developments in Mobile GPU Design.” This SIGGRAPH panel will include McCombe in a discussion on taking full advantage of the latest GPU design and implementations to bring advanced graphics to smartphone and tablet users
- Wednesday, July 24, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. –Convention Center, booth 117 -- “The Architecture of High-End Mobile GraphicsHardware.” Thistech talk will highlight the key aspects of Imagination’s PowerVR GPUs,including information on the new PowerVR Series6 architecture; thearchitecture behind high-end mobile devices set to ship in the next 6-12months. Presenters will also compare PowerVR Series6 against PowerVRSeries5/5XT, as well as other conventional GPU solutions, and provide anoverview of how the hardware works.
- Daily – Ongoing in theImagination Technologies booth 351 -- Joining Imagination’sbooth will be Mads Drøschler of Freaky Nest and Gavin Greenwalt ofStraightFace Studios, who will showcase the commercial VFX and arch-vizprojects they’ve created with the Caustic Visualizer and Series2 card.Additionally, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Monday and 10:30 a.m. to11:30 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday, Steven Roselle of Autodesk willshowcase how he uses the Visualizer and Series2 card in his Maya workflow.
In addition to presentations on its ray tracing technology, Imagination will demonstrate its market-leading PowerVR graphics (GPU) technologies for the smartphone and embedded markets. This will include:
- PowerVR Series6 GPUs, with demonstrations of thefirst PowerVR Series6 devices and OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenCL demos,including GPU compute applications for rigid body physics, imageprocessing, fluid dynamics, and many more
- The latest PowerVR software development kit (SDK)delivering advanced tools for content creation
Source: Imagination Technologies