Sky Arts, in association with IdeasTap, is giving away five £30,000 bursaries and mentoring support to talented artists aged 18-30 from the UK and Ireland.
The fund is designed to help emerging artists from a range of disciplines -- including puppeteers, animators and digital artists -- to develop their creative practice and take their work to the next level. In addition to the £30,000 bursary, winners are also paired with relevant business and creative mentors from Sky and their industry to support them along the way.
“Winning the Futures Fund has been totally transformative for my work -- as well as the financial support, it has offered a wealth of knowledge and experience that I would never have come across otherwise,” said Producer and 2013 Futures Fund artists Kate Whitley. “It has completely turned the project around and helped it grow in ways that I couldn't have even imagined!”
Five bursaries are currently available, with the Futures Fund open to applications from individuals working in the following fields:
- Performing arts: theatre-makers including directors, spoken word artists,puppeteers and live artists
- Dance: dancersand choreographers
- Music: musicians,composers, songwriters and conductors
- Visual art: includingpainters, sculptors, photographers, animators and digital artists
- Creative producing: do you bring together disparate parts of culture in excitingand innovative ways? This category is open to creative producers workingin visual arts, theatre, film and performance/dance
- Creative writing: including playwrights, novelists, graphic novelists and poets– but not film or TV scripts
The five winners won't necessarily come from five different categories. Looking at all the applications, the judges will pick the five entries they believe to be the strongest overall.
The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 6, 2013. Find out more and apply at www.ideastap.com/sky.