Universal Pictures’ Hop Available on Blue-ray and DVD March 23
Press Release by Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Universal City, CA – The Easter Bunny’s hare apparent leaves his ancestral home on Easter Island to pursue pop superstardom in the hilarious comedy Hop, coming to Blu-ray and DVD on March 23, 2012, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Blending state-of-the-art CGI animation with live action, Hop is a non-stop, rockin’ adventure packed with humor and hijinks as rebellious young rabbit E.B. (voiced by Russell Brand), strikes up an unlikely friendship with Los Angeles underachiever Fred (James Marsden) en route to becoming a rock star drummer.
The perfect Easter gift, the Hop Blu-ray/DVD Combo Packs deliver perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound and include an all-new, never-before-seen, music-filled mini-movie, extensive bonus features and interactive games, adding hours of entertaining fun for parents and children alike. The Combo Packs also contain a Digital Copy of the film for a limited time, compatible with iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android or online retail partners. Also included is an UltraViolet copy, the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows by storing them in the cloud to instantly stream and download to computers, tablets and smart phones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice.
Directed by Tim Hill (Alvin and the Chipmunks) and produced by Chris Meledandri (Despicable Me), Hop features hilarious performances by James Marsden (X-Men, Enchanted), Russell Brand (Despicable Me, Get Him to the Greek), Hank Azaria (The Simpsons), Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory), Hugh Laurie (House), Gary Cole (Talladega Nights), Elizabeth Perkins (Weeds) and David Hasselhoff (America’s Got Talent).
View the trailer at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGQmY4cPjBw
COMBO PACK EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES:
- Phil’s Dance Party—An all-new mini-movie starring fan-favorite chicks Phil and Carlos. Phil eats so much candy that he crashes, leaving Carlos to perform a solo of the big dance finale…the Merengue!
- The World of Hop—Explore an interactive map of Easter Island to experience the making of HOP.
- All Access with Cody Simpson—The best-selling teenage heartthrob performs the film’s catchy theme song, “I Want Candy” and attends the Hop world premiere, his first Hollywood movie red carpet event.
- Russell Brand: Being the Bunny—A wacky look at what happens in Russell’s brain as he prepares to become THE Easter Bunny.
- Russell Brand’s Kid Crack Ups—Russell Brand interviews kids with comedic results.
- Carlos on Carlos: The Premiere According to Carlos—Experience the world premiere of Hop from the POV of Carlos. Viewers are given a guided tour of the party, where they can meet celebs and see all the fun!
- Emotion in Motion: The Dance of Ken Daurio—Writer Ken Daurio sits down to discuss his inspiration for everyone’s favorite dancing chick and reveals just how hard it was to teach Phil those awesome moves.
- Post Coup Commentary: Carlos & Phil Tell All—Actor Hank Azaria reveals the truth about Carlos’ and Phil’s relationship, and how they imagined Easter Island would be if their coup had been successful.