Now in its 17th year, the Hollywood Shorts Film Festival is a monthly screening program celebrating the outstanding achievements in short filmmaking and animation from both U.S. and international directors and their creative teams.
Hollywood Shorts is making a call for entries for the org’s 17th year celebrating amazing filmmakers and animators.
Hollywood Shorts Film Festival is a monthly screening program that celebrates the outstanding achievements in short filmmaking and animation from both U.S. and international directors and their creative teams. Over 100 short and animated films are programmed year-round, with submissions are accepted throughout the year.
Films submitted during this cycle will be considered for the screening schedule starting in October 2014. Entries are active for one year from submission date, and are eligible for both monthly programming and Signature events held throughout the year. Signature events include the African American ShortsFest, the Women Filmmakers ShortsFest and the Animation Celebration. The deadline for submissions is August 29, 2014.
- Films can be up to 30 minutes in length
- Film must be completed no earlier than October 2012; international submissions are accepted
- Entry Fee is $15.00
- Films can be submitted via secure online link or DVD (NTSC) via snail mail
- All genres are welcome -- drama, comedy, horror, sci-fi, family, experimental, documentary, music video, web series, etc.
- Submission DVDs are not returned -- submissions remain eligible and in consideration for up to 12 months for other special screenings and festival programming throughout the year.
Source: Hollywood Shorts
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.