The Gnomon Workshop announced Gnomon Workshop: Live!, its first ever workshop weekend, Nov. 12-13, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, giving artists the opportunity to learn more about cutting edge techniques and processes in the visual arts. The weekend offers classes in concept design, matte painting, 3D modeling, ZBrush, character design, rendering in Photoshop, art direction, production design and more.
Teachers include Meats Meier, Eric Hanson, Ryan Church, Scott Robertson and more, all of whom have distinguished careers in the visual effects, gaming and concept design industries (and authors of various Gnomon training DVDs). Whether you're interested in 2D and/or 3D, or just want to hear great artists talk about their work.
In addition to the classes, Gnomon will also feature a distinguished lineup of recruiters and art directors to look at portfolios and answer questions. Confirmed so far are Stan Winston Studios, NC Soft, Blur Studio, Disney Circle Seven studios, a division of Walt Disney Feature Animation, and Feng Zhu.
Nov. 12 schedule:
* 10:00 am Eric Hanson - Digital Sets, From Urban to Natural
* 11:30 am Kevin Hudson - Surfacing Technologies in Modeling
* 2:00 pm Zack Petroc - Digital Production Design: Characters, from Sketch to Digital Maquette
* 3:30 pm Mayan Escalante - Real Time Game Head Modeling
* 5:00 pm Meats Meier - Harnessing the Creative Power of ZBrush
Nov. 13 schedule:
* 10:00 am Scott Robertson - Understanding and Rendering Reflective Surfaces in Adobe Photoshop
* 11:30 am Dylan Cole - Matte Painting Design and Composition
* 2:00 pm Neville Page - Digital Rendering with Adobe Photoshop
* 3:30 pm Ryan Church - Conceptual Painting with Corel Painter 9
* 5:00 pm Christian Lorenz Scheurer - Anthropology of the Imaginary: Conceptual Art Direction
Gnomon Workshop: Live! will be held at Sound Stage 15, next door to the Gnomon School of Visual Effects, 1015 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Hollywood, California, 90038. The cost is $75 (purchase tickets online and bring a printed copy of your order confirmation and valid drivers license to the event). Gnomon will provide light lunch, refreshments and surprises throughout the day. Seating is extremely limited.
Out of towners are encouraged to stay at the nearby Roosevelt Hotel, which has a block of rooms available at a discounted rate of $159/night for the event. Call at 323/466-7000 before Oct. 21 and ask for the Gnomon rooms. Gnomon will provide transportation Saturday and Sunday from and to the hotel.
For further info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2000, The Gnomon Workshop (www.thegnomonworkshop.com) has provided artists and students with the educational resources they need to succeed as artists in the entertainment industries. Whether they're interested in design, modeling, effects, animation, storytelling or matte painting, these DVDs provide a valuable educational resource for students around the world. The Gnomon Workshop is the sister company of The Gnomon School of Visual Effects, which provides professional-caliber visual effects instruction to students and professionals in Los Angeles.