Tetris Party Deluxe Now Available for Wii and Nintendo DS
Press Release from Tetris Online, Inc.
HONOLULU - June 1, 2010 - Tetris Online, Inc. (www.tetrisonline.com) today announced Tetris Party Deluxe is now available on Wii and Nintendo DS at retailers nationwide. Jam-packed with more than 20 exciting game modes, online battles, and multiplayer fun for friends and family, Tetris Party Deluxe is a must-have for Tetris and puzzle fans.
In partnership with Majesco Entertainment Company, an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, Tetris Online is proud to be releasing one of the most highly-anticipated summer games this year.
"Tetris continues to be one of the most popular games in the world," said Minoru Arakawa, president and chief executive officer of Tetris Online, Inc. "With Tetris Party Deluxe, we are taking the game to a whole new level by providing both Wii and Nintendo DS players with an unprecedented selection of unique and satisfying ways to enjoy playing Tetris."
Developed by Hudson Soft, Tetris Party Deluxe builds on the previously released smash hit Tetris Party for WiiWare, adding six new modes and many other fun enhancements. Tetris Party Deluxe is rated E for Everyone and is now available for a suggested retail price of $29.99 on both Wii and Nintendo DS. For more information, please visit http://www.tetrisparty.com.
Details for a European release of Tetris Party Deluxe are forthcoming.
Tetris Party Deluxe for Wii
* Play it your way - Take advantage of the unique point-and-shoot capabilities of the Wii Remote, or enjoy the nostalgic feel of the Classic Controller (sold separately).
* Break a sweat - Use the Wii Balance Board (sold separately) in specially-marked modes. Lean left and right to move the Tetriminos left or right; lean forward or backwards to increase the drop speed; squat to rotate them!
* Steer your way to success - Use the Wii Wheel (sold separately) to steer your way through the many levels of Stage Racer.
* Let yourself be heard - With Wii Speak (sold separately), you can chat with up to 3 other friends within the Wi-Fi Battle lobby.
* It's more fun to party with others - Play with up to 3 other players in local play or up to 5 other players via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
* Look, it's Mii - Play with your own Mii to personalize the overall gaming experience.
Tetris Party Deluxe for Nintendo DS
* Sharing is fun - Share a local multiplayer game with up to 8 other players using one Game Card.
* Take on the world - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection multiplayer enables World Battle with up to 4 players.
* Free speech is good - Use the built-in microphone on the Nintendo DS to chat with a friend in the Friend Battle lobby when connected to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
About Tetris Online, Inc.
Tetris Online, Inc. is the exclusive online licensee of The Tetris Company, LLC of all rights to the world-famous Tetris game in North America and Europe. Founded in January 2006 by Minoru Arakawa, Henk Rogers and Alexey Pajitnov, Tetris Online is a developer and publisher of electronic entertainment properties. Titles include Tetris Party Deluxe for Wii and Nintendo DS, Tetris Party for WiiWare, Tetris Splash for Xbox LIVE Arcade, and Tetris Friends Online Games, which was named one of the "Top 100 Games of All Time" by PC Gamer and can be found at www.tetrisfriends.com. Tetris Online is privately held and headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii.
About the Tetris Brand