Nintendo Introduces Glasses-Free 3-D Gaming
Nintendo also announced a substantial slate of games on the way for its Wii console and Nintendo DS family of systems, with a list of characters and franchises that appeal to all types of gamers.
"If the video game industry had an All-Star team, Nintendo's games would fill the starting lineup," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "The combination of advanced interface and engaging game play broadens our appeal to all audiences. This is evidenced perfectly at the E3 Expo this year by the incredible new experience and controls that Wii MotionPlus brings to The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword."
* The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: The game marks a turning point for the franchise, as the introduction of full motion controls enabled by the Wii MotionPlus accessory synchronizes player movements with Link's actions while offering the most intuitive play control of any Legend of Zelda game to date. The game is scheduled to launch in 2011.
* Donkey Kong Country Returns: The classic franchise makes a return with new levels and updated graphics, but with the same sense of fun and excitement of the original. For the first time in the series, two people can play through the entire game cooperatively. The game is scheduled to launch this holiday season.
* Kirby's Epic Yarn: Kirby's entire immersive world is created from different fabrics and textiles. Kirby himself is made from yarn, which gives him the versatility to take the shape of a car, submarine, parachute or UFO. The game is scheduled to launch this fall.
* Wii Party: A party game that brings the fun off the screen and into the living room. Players must perform tasks in the real world to achieve success in the game. The game is scheduled to launch this fall.
* Mario Sports Mix: A collection of four amazing sports - Mario style. Players can compete with their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters in basketball, volleyball, hockey and dodgeball. The game is scheduled to launch in 2011.
* PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure: The first Pokémon adventure game on the Wii console puts Pikachu at the center of a fun, expansive area filled with adventure, Attractions and Pokémon. Players take on the role of Pikachu and interact with Pokémon and compete in Skill Games and Attractions, such as races, battles and other challenges, to save the PokéPark from disaster. The game is scheduled to launch this holiday season.
* Samurai Warriors 3: Players can choose from more than 35 playable samurai characters, many based on actual figures from Japanese history. Each samurai has different skills and weapons, and each one offers a different perspective on the overall story of the unification of Japan. The game is scheduled to launch on Sept. 27.
* GoldenEye 007 from Activision: The original revolutionized first-person shooters, and this Wii-exclusive sequel features four-player split-screen competition or up to eight players competing online. It's the signature GoldenEye experience for a new era, and is scheduled to launch this fall.
* Disney Epic Mickey from Disney Interactive Studios: In this Wii exclusive, players take Mickey Mouse on an epic journey of creativity and discovery. In Wasteland, an alternate world with lands inspired by Disney's animated films and theme parks, players use paint and paint thinner to change the world and affect the outcome of the game. The game is scheduled to launch this holiday season.
* NBA JAM from Electronic Arts: In this revival of the classic franchise with vintage game play, the Wii-exclusive sequel includes new features that bring outrageous moves and over-the-top hoops action to new levels. The game is scheduled to launch this October.
* Just Dance 2 from Ubisoft: The second installment of the popular franchise features hot dance moves choreographed by experts in every style of music. Up to eight players can compete or, for the first time, two players can dance side by side as a duo. It's a nonstop dance party only available on Wii this fall.