Full Sail University to co-host “CG Extreme” with Grupo Seven, which is scheduled to take place at the acclaimed Citibank Hall in Rio de Janeiro on April 27 and 28, 2013.
Winter Park, FL -- Full Sail University announces that the U.S.-based institution will co-host “CG Extreme” alongside Brazilian-based learning institution Grupo Seven. CG Extreme, created by Grupo Seven, is positioned as the premiere computer graphics and media convention in Brazil for students and aspiring professionals. CG Extreme is scheduled to take place at the acclaimed Citibank Hall in Rio de Janeiro on April 27 and 28, 2013.
With over 20,000 students and 12 locations, Grupo Seven is one of the largest computer graphics and game design schools in Brazil. As part of an evolving strategic partnership with Full Sail University, Grupo Seven’s CG Extreme weekend features a roster of keynote speakers - all of whom are highly-successful Full Sail University graduates working in entertainment throughout the world, and many of whom are inductees of Full Sail University’s Hall of Fame.
"Our goal is to educate Brazilian students whose interests lie in media and entertainment," says Marcelo Crivella, President of Grupo Seven. "Brazil has everything needed to become a huge entertainment producer in the next five years, and we want to provide the best individuals inspired to create content for the world."
The scheduled keynote speakers for CG Extreme are:
- Senior Rigger at Framestore
- Industry Credits Include: Captain America: The FirstAvenger, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, Clash of theTitans, Where the Wild Things Are, The Tale of Despereaux, Valiant, andmore.
- 2011 Visual Effects Society Award Winner: OutstandingAnimated Character in a Live Action Feature Motion Picture Harry Potterand the Deathly Hallows, pt 1 Character – Dobby
- Senior Animator at Infinity Ward
- Industry Credits Include: Medal of Honor: AlliedAssault, Call of Duty (2003), Call of Duty 2 (2005), Call of Duty 4: ModernWarfare (2007), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009), and Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 3 (2011).
- Creative Director/Partner at Nathaniel James
- Industry Credits Include: Sons of Anarchy, Wipeout,ESPN, Boardwalk Empire, Pepsi, ABC and Sony Italy.
- GRAMMY Award / Latin GRAMMY Award-WinningProducer/Engineer
- Credits Include: Shakira, Gloria Estefan, Carlos Vives,Jennifer Lopez, Luis Fonsi, and honored as the 2007 Latin GRAMMY Producerof the Year
- Executive Producer/Microsoft Studios
- Credits Include: Video Game releases: Silent HillHomecoming, The DaVinci Code, and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of theSith. Digital Visual Effects for blockbuster films: Clear and PresentDanger, Independence Day, Legend of Bagger Vance and Forces of Nature.
- Creative Director / Principal at Royale
- Past Clients/Projects Include: Apple "Nano,"Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Diesel, VH1, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, JetBlue and McDonalds.
“Full Sail University is proud to serve as the co-host for CG Extreme alongside Grupo Seven,” said Full Sail University President, Garry Jones. “In recent years, the interest in all forms of entertainment and media has grown dramatically in Brazil and is further evident as the country prepares to serve as the host location for the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2016 Summer Olympics. We are honored that Grupo Seven and the country of Brazil would look to our institution to partner in this important event and afford our graduates the opportunity to share their life’s work and experiences.”
Source: Full Sail University