Winners are announced for the 2014 edition of Cartoons on the Bay, with France dominating the competition with six Pulcinella Awards.
Winners have been announced for the 2014 edition of Cartoons on the Bay, with France dominating the competition with six Pulcinella Awards.
The Pulcinella Awards are the international TV animation competition of Italian festival Cartoons on the Bay, held this year in Venice April 10-12.
The full list of winners is shown below:
- TV Series for Preschool: Patchwork Pals (Germany)
- TV Series for Kids: The Jungle Bunch to the Rescue! (France)
- TV Series for Teen: Grami’s Circus Show (South Korea)
- Educational and Social Issues Work: Kiki of Montparnasse (France)
- TV Pilot: Hello World! (France)
- Advertising and Promotional Work: Sammontana: The Story of a Smile
- Interactive Animation: Metro: Last Light (France)
- Short Film: Bad Toys II (Ukraine)
- Best European Work: Faces from Places (France)
- Best Animated Character: The Centipede and the Toad (France)
- Best Score: The Night of the Bear (Switzerland)
Also announced were the three winning projects of the Pitch Me competition: Elements Experiments by Sinne Mutsaers and Marco Bonini; Blanco by Marco Farace and Benedetto Sicca; and Nando Power: An Italian Superhero in Moscow by Lorenzo Garbuglia.
The festival also presented lifetime achievement awards to Russian animator Aleksandr Petrov and Argentinean animator Guillermo Mordillo, known to his fans as Mordillo. Russia, the guest country for this year’s event, was given the spotlight at Cartoon on the Bay. In addition to Petrov, top Russian animators in attendance included four-time Oscar nominee and jury member Konstantin Bronzit, Ivan Maximov, Igor Kovalyov and Vadim Sotskov.
Source: Cartoons on the Bay
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.