At NAB 2014 eyeon announced the release of their new playback and production solution for 4K HFR up to 120 FPS Stereoscopic, eyeon Generation 4K.
Visual effects and post-production solutions developer, eyeon Software Inc., announced the release of eyeon Generation 4K; eyeon's new playback and production solution for 4K HFR up to 120 FPS Stereoscopic.
Incorporating full 7.1 high-definition audio as well as the ability to drive Cinema projectors, such as the Christie Cinema and Mirage series, Generation 4K provides a breakthrough path to an advanced HFR playback workflow.
Leading facilities such as Blur Studio, Legend3D, Muse VFX, and trailblazing VFX director Douglas Trumbull have contributed a variety of production requirements to help define another user-driven offering in the escalated 4K workflow.
“I chose to work with eyeon because they are the only outfit already prepared to go 3D 4K at 120 fps. They are VFX and Broadcast designers that have sat in our seats and have been under the same pressures as us,” Trumbull comments. “Working with Fusion, and their new Generation 4K playback system, shows again that eyeon brings their experience to the current workflow trends and beyond, inventing every day to solve the challenges we pose, and always going the extra mile.”
For studios in search of a complete 4K solution, Generation 4K provides comprehensive support of all workflows, with much-anticipated features including:
- High Frame Rate playback
- Image format support for DPX, EXR, QuickTime, JPG, RED, Canon C500, and more
- CDL and LUT color support
- Per clip and overall color tuning
- Stereo adjustments via inter-ocular alignment and edge cropping
- Editing and trimming
- EDL import, linking directly to the production workflow
Teaming with Generation AM for the studio desktop workflow, the Generation 4K HFR revolution is complete:
- Version control and the ability to compare many different versions of shots
- Annotations and Notes for organisation of production workload
- Logical effects stacks
- Event scripting to support other pipelines, such as Nuke, AE, Cinema 4D, Houdini, Maya
- Specific stereoscopic tools for both conversion and visual effects
- Advanced scripting environment of Python and Lua
- Ability to extend existing proprietary technologies
Please join Douglas Trumbull in an up close interview with Steve Waskul at NAB. Learn first-hand why Trumbull Studios work exclusively with eyeon Software on their 4K HFR 120 FPS Stereoscopic projects using the complete Generation 4K playback system.
Douglas Trumbull at the NAB Studio Xperience
Wednesday, April 9 at 11:40 AM
Source: eyeon Software Inc
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.