Syfy Launches 31 Days of HalloweeNYC
- Syfy Halloween NYC Fest -- Syfy Halloween NYC Fest will bring the best of the Halloween holiday to Flatiron Plaza (Broadway between 22nd and 23rd Streets) October 26-28, 11am–6pm. Free events, named after popular Syfy programs, will be offered during the three day celebration including a Hot Set Hands-On Craft Station, Ghost Hunters Goodies Snack Station, green-screen Paranormal Witness Photo Booth, a Face Off face painting booth where guests will be transformed from the ordinary to the extraordinary, and performances by Princess Katie and Racer Steve, Apple Seeds-Songs for Seeds, The Amazing Max and the Gazillion Bubble Show, among others.
- NYC Parks Events -- Syfy will sponsor 14 NYC Parks Department Halloween programs across the City including haunted houses in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, the Pooch Parade and Howl-o-ween, Thriller at the Battery, and Shocktoberfest.
- Spirit Halloween – As part of the promotion, all NYC Spirit Halloween retailers will show Syfy branding and counter collateral. During October, consumers can take advantage of a Syfy Spirit Coupon for 20 percent off one item at any Spirit store nationwide. Plus, Spirit has created the “Syfy Picks” webpage, where costumes selected by Syfy will be posted.
- Syfy Digital – Don’t miss an event around the city or on Syfy with its 31 Days of Halloween calendar at syfy.com/halloween. The site provides details about special seasonal events around New York City along with a full schedule of shows such as Face Off, Hot Set, Alphas, Haven, and Syfy Original Movies. Users can also enter to win and download exclusive coupons for their Halloween shopping.
- Syfy Social – For the GetGlue Social Media Sweepstakes, users who check in to either four airings of one show in the 31 Days of Halloween Promotion or four 31 Days of Halloween programs will receive a special sticker, automatically entering them into the 31 Days of Halloween sweepstakes. The grand prize winner will receive an NBC Store Prize package. Syfy Sync will continue throughout October for Face Off, including the October 31 live finale. Fans can vote for the winner via Syfy Sync as well.
- Central Park Pumpkin Festival – At the October 27 Central Park Pumpkin Festival, Syfy will host a dedicated pumpkin decorating booth. Other activities at the festival include arts & crafts, hayrides, haunted house, marionette show, face painting and musical entertainment.
- National Flyaway Sweepstakes – After the success of last year’s sweepstakes, which drew nearly 100K entries, this year’s Sweepstakes has been expanded to include a full Halloween-style makeover from Spirit Halloween along with round trip airfare on Jet Blue to New York; a two night stay at Yotel Hotel, and VIP seating at the famous Village Halloween Parade.
- HalloweeNYC Guide – A full color guide to all of the exciting Halloween activities in the city will be inserted in Time Out New York’s October 3 issue, as well as distributed at the NYC Info Center and Halloween events throughout New York.
- Outdoor Media – Syfy will blanket the city with an extensive outdoor media campaign from bus shelters, pole banners, newsstands and phone kiosks to Taxi TVs.
Among Syfy’s 31 Days of Halloween programming highlights (October 1-31) will be: