DGA to Host Digital Day 2013 July 27
The Directors Guild of America (DGA) is hosting Digital Day 2013 on Saturday, July 27, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.The one-day event is comprised of panels and presentations, hands-on demonstrations, and exhibits, followed by a Wrap Party and demo at CJ 4DPlex.
VFX ACROSS THE BOARD: FROM INDIES TO BLOCKBUSTERS
VFX from Jersey Shore Shark Attack: Presented by: BenniQue Blasini, VFX Supervisor/Co-Owner, BFX Imageworks, Super Shark, Chupacabra Terror • Steven M. Blasini, VFX Supervisor/Co-Owner, BFX Imageworks, Ice Spiders, Fantastic Four • John Shepphird, Director, Chupacabra Terror, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.
VFX from Machine Gun Preacher: Presented by: Marc Forster, Director, World War Z, Finding Neverland • Kevin Tod Haug, VFX Designer, Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Quantum of Solace.
VFX from Iron Man 3: Presented by: Shane Black, Director, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Writer, Lethal Weapon • Erik Nash, VFX Supervisor, Digital Domain, Real Steel, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End • Chris Townsend, VFX Supervisor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Ninja Assassin.
New Advances in Creating CGI Actors: Presented by: Dr. Paul Debevec, Associate Director, Graphics Research, USC Institute for Creative Technologies.
CG Characters from Man of Steel: Presented by: John “DJ” DesJardin, VFX Supervisor, Sucker Punch, The Matrix Revolutions.
HANDS-ON DEMOS & EXHIBITS
- EXPERIENCE the latest virtual staging techniques with live performers in CG environments. (Demo by The Third Floor and Knight Vision)
- ENABLE virtual production through real-time camera tracking and provide live previs of environments, set extensions, and CGI elements directly in-camera while shooting. (Demo byNCAM)
- CHANGE placement, color, lighting, speed, and direction of 3D/2D objects without reshooting. (Demo by Pixel Magic)
- SEE tips & tricks for using the DIT’s on-set image and color management tools and the latest mobile DIT workstations to increase creativity, streamline production and enhance communication. (Demo by ICG Local 600)
- EXPLORE how to take Digital Intermediate technology beyond color, into real-time VFX including relighting, sky-replacement, advanced digital makeup and more. (Demo by Local Hero Post)
- EDIT your movie on the road or on set with your iPad. (Demo by TouchEdit App)
- NAVIGATE camera shots with a new 3-axis, gyro-stabilized, handheld camera rig. (Demo byMōVI)
- CONNECT with the entertainment industry on a curated, media-based network. (Demo by
- TRY OUT the latest cameras & technologies from ARRI, Blackmagic, Canon, Novo, RED and Sony.
Saturday, July 27
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Panels and Presentations
Followed by Wrap Party and Demo at CJ 4DPlex
Registration & Lobby Exhibits Open at 9:00 a.m.
DGA · 7920 Sunset Blvd. · Los Angeles, CA 90046
Registration Fee: $35
Includes continental breakfast and lunch at the DGA
Following the Digital Day program at the DGA, CJ 4DPlex will host a Wrap Party and demonstrate their 4DX Immersive Cinema Experience at their screening facility on Hollywood Blvd.
Please note that programming is subject to change. For more information, visit www.dga.org.
Source: Directors Guild of America