Cartoon Forum Unveils 2013 Series
European co-production forum Cartoon Forum has announced its selections of accepted projects to be pitched to the industry at this year’s event.
The Cartoon Forum is neither a fair nor a festival, but a co-production forum for animated TV series. For three days each year, European producers have the opportunity to pitch their animation project in front of decision-makers, buyers and investors in order to speed up financing and find cross-border partners.
This year’s forum boasts:
- 800 participants from 32 countries, including 250 buyers
- 69 animation projects to be pitched
- A unique networking place: sightseeing tour, Welcome and Farewell Dinners, cocktails…
- Awards: Cartoon d’Or and Cartoon Tributes
- Efficiency of the formula: 500 series financed since 1990, representing a total budget of 1.7 billion EUR
A growing number of the TV projects are also conceived for the new platforms (43%). As for the target, 45% of the shows are aimed at children, 33% at pre-school, 12% at a family audience and 10% at the "new" target of young adults and adults.
Aliens Love Underpants from the UK’s Tiger Aspect Productions.
Gigglebug from Finland’s Gigglebug Entertainment
Casimilo and the Legends of the New World from France’s Sacrebleu Productions
For the full list of projects at the 24th annual industry event, visit the CARTOON FORUM website.
The 24th Cartoon Forum will take place from September 17-20 in Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées, southern France. The registration deadline is June 17 for producers with projects and June 28 for all other participants.
Source: Cartoon Forum