Full lineup announced for the 15th annual VIEW Conference, including presentations of Disney’s new short ‘Feast,’ Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ and Paramount and Nickelodeon’s ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.’
TURIN, Italy -- Organizers of Italy’s VIEW Conference have announced highlights for the 2014 edition of the computer graphics conference, including the world premiere of Disney’s Big Hero 6 presented by Disney Animation Studios’ Alessandro Jacomini.
The largest computer graphics conference in Italy, The VEW Conference will be held this year October 14-17.
The world premiere of Big Hero 6 had been previously announced as taking place at the 27th Tokyo International Film Festival on October 23.
Other highlights include a presentation of the Disney short Feast by director Patrick Osborne, as well as presentations from Framestore VFX supervisor Kyle McCulloch on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, ILM VFX supervisor Scott Farrar on Transformers: Age of Extinction, and ILM animation supervisor Tim Harrington on Paramount and Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- World Premiere Presentation of Big Hero 6 by Alessandro Jacomini, Disney Animation Studios.
- Italian Premiere Presentation of Feast by Patrick Osborne, Director, Disney Animation Studios.
- Alessandro Carloni, Head of Story, How to Train your Dragon 2. Co-Director Kung Fu Panda 3 (2015), DreamWorks Animation.
- Rob Coleman, Head of Animation, The LEGO Movie, Animal Logic.
- Stefen Fangmeier, VFX Supervisor, Sin City: A Dame to Kill for, Independent.
- Merzin Tavaria, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Director, Prime Focus.
- Kyle McCulloch, VFX Supervisor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Framestore.
- Scott Farrar, VFX Supervisor, Transformers: Age of Extinction, ILM.
- Tim Harrington, Animation Supervisor, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, ILM.
- David Schaub, Director of Animation, The Amazing Spider-man 2, Sony Pictures Imageworks.
- Lucia Modesto, Ingredients of Time Travel: Art, Models, Rigs, and FX, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Dreamworks Animation.
- Marcelo Vignali, Art Director, The Smurfs (2016), Sony Pictures Animation.
- Noelle Triaureau, Production Designer, The Smurfs (2016), Sony Pictures Animation.
- Parag Havaldar, R and D Lead, Blizzard Entertainment.
- Kim Baumann Larsen, The DARK Adventure - Innovating Architectural Immersive VR using Storytelling and Gameplay.
- Philip Stevju Løken, Interactive 3D Designer, The DARK Adventure - Innovating Architectural Immersive VR using Storytelling and Gameplay, Placebo Effects.
- Pierre-Alain Gagne, co-founder, DOWiNO
- European Premiere Presentation of SIGGRAPH's 2014 Computer Animation Festival presented by Jerome Solomon, Director, CAF 2014.
- David Putrino, Not Impossible Labs, Weill-Cornell Medical College.
- Brenda Bakker Harger, Theatre Director, Improviser, Professor at Entertainment Technology Center, Carnegie Mellon University
- Nelson Lowry, Supervising Production Designer, The Boxtrolls, LAIKA.