D23: The Official Disney Fan Club launches a major new overhaul of fan site D23.com on June 17, with newly digitized content that delves into The Walt Disney Company’s vault.
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is launching a major new overhaul of D23.com next month. The revamped site, which debuts June 17, will provide access to newly digitized content that delves into The Walt Disney Company’s vault with depth and breadth never before available to the public. It will also provide easy access to all current projects, along with exclusive glimpses of the future.
Some of the highlights of the upcoming content include:
- D’scovered – Treasures unearthed by the Walt Disney Archives. In the comingweeks the Archives will share extremely rare imagery from the proposedMickey Mouse Park; spine-tingling alternative dialogue for the HauntedMansion penned by Disney Legend X. Atencio; and a very special mementocreated for Walt by legendary artist Salvador Dali
- Disney A to Z – A complete and newly-updated electronic version of the definitiveDisney encyclopedia with more than 7,000 entries written by Dave Smith,founder and Chief Archivist Emeritus of the Walt Disney Archives
- 23 Questions – Audio interviews with Once Upon A Time star GinniferGoodwin who reveals her Disney favorites—and what she’s lookingforward to in the next season of the hit ABC show
- Disney Legends and the Walt Disney Archives – Twonew microsites; Disney Legends will provide a deeper look at thosewho’ve made significant contributions to the Disney legacy, and theArchives site will open up the doors of this venerable institution so D23can share more of The Walt Disney Company’s expansive collections.
Along with new departments and sections:
- Weird Disney, looking at some of the more unusual and outrageous pieces ofDisney’s past
- Characters, a full database profiling the most beloved characters fromtelevision, film and comics with concept art and complete biographies
- Ask a Legend, a video feature in which Disney Legends like Marty Sklar answer fans questions
- First Look, which gives members a glimpse into what’s new and what’s nextincluding Monsters University
- Muppetology, which opens up the Muppet-acular universe of our fuzzy friends.
Source: The Walt Disney Company
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.