This holiday, Disney Consumer Products will present a lineup of cutting-edge electronics and imaginative toys inspired by Disneys latest hits as well as classics.
"For kids, it is about embracing the Disney lifestyle. They want to immerse themselves into these stories and characters long after they leave the movie theatre or finish reading the books," said Andy Mooney, chairman, Disney Consumer Products. "Between CARS and PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN for boys, LITTLE MERMAID and DISNEY FAIRIES for girls and MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE for pre-schoolers, we know our content is strong, and this combined with innovative product will create must-have gifts this holiday season."
The Disney Mix Line of portable entertainment is for kids six and older and includes:
* Disney Mix Max: A portable, personal entertainment system to play music, movies, TV shows, music videos and digital photos on-the-go. Features a 2.2-inch color LCD display and 512 MB of internal memory (expandable to 2 GB via add-on SD cards) and is available in a wide assortment of styles. The system will sell for $99.99 and is will be available in October at retailers including Target, Best Buy, Toys 'R' Us, Limited Too and DisneyShopping.com. The Disney Mix Max lets kids plug-and-play full-length movies instantly by inserting Disney Max Clips from Buena Vista Home Ent., including the Disney Channel original hit, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL. It also plays Disney Mix Clip music cards featuring full-length hit albums from Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records.
* Disney Mix Stick Audio Player and accessories: This best-selling digital audio/MP3 player for kids features 512 MB internal memory (expandable to 2 GB via SD/MMC slot) and is available in a variety of designs including three new ones: CARS, NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS and PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN. Selling for $49.99, it is available at Target, Sears, Kmart, Toys 'R' Us, WalMart.com. Also available are Disney Mix Clips, postage stamp-sized memory cards which hold a full CD of music and feature easy, plug & play operation. The Disney Mix Stick Jam Stand, a stereo and battery re-charger featuring hi-fi stereo sound and speakers, sells for $39.99, available now at Target and DisneyShopping.com.
* Disney Mix Micro: A stylish mini-version of the original Mix Stick supports Mix Clips and WMA/MP3 audio files. Easier than downloading, the Mix Micro requires no computer access so kids can listen to music right away with plug and play Mix Clips. Available designs include Blue Chrome and Disney Princess. The Mix Micro supports WMA audio files and features an SD/MMC slot and a 3.5mm headphone jack; it includes stereo ear buds and a lanyard. It uses one AAA battery (sold separately). Selling for $19.99, its available this fall at Rite Aid, Walmart.com, Disney Parks & Resorts.
The Disney Pix Click Line is Disney's new line of digital cameras featuring Disney Pix, a proprietary and interactive editing software suite that lets kids create colorful photos and graphics with beloved Disney characters. The line will be available this fall, with suggested pricing ranging from $19.99 to $99.99 and will be available at retailers including Best Buy, Toys 'R' Us, Limited Too, DisneyShopping.com, and KB Toys.
Disney enters the videogame hardware market with its first videogame player designed especially for kids six and older. Disney Game It! is a portable player that can also be plugged in to a TV set. Pre-loaded with 12 games from Buena Vista Games, Disney Game It! features 2.5 in. resolution LCD screen and is available in two designs: Classic Pals and Princess Pals. "Classic Pals" features easy to play games with classic characters, including Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. "Princess Pals" features characters from beloved films in pick-up-and-play games. Also available are Game It! Starter Kits, which offer accessories, including interchangeable faceplates, carrying case and A/V cables, sell for $14.95. Disney Game It! sells for $34.99, available this fall at major retailers nationwide.
Character themed electronics include:
* Disney CARS Electronics Line features a color TV/DVD Combo, a portable boombox, a lamp/alarm clock and a Mix Stick player inspired by main character, Lightning McQueen. The line is available now and ranges in price from $29.99 to $159.99 and is available at Target, Sears, Kmart, Toys 'R' Us and DisneyShopping.com.
* In celebration of the first-ever DVD release of THE LITTLE MERMAID Platinum edition in October, Disney Electronics has designed a limited edition line of Ariel-themed products, including a water-resistant boom-box and a personal CD player. Both products feature a clam-shaped design in a colorful light aqua with lavender accents. The boom-box has a convenient carrying handle and plays CD/CD-R/RW discs through stereo speakers, it also features an AM/FM tuner with digital display, rubberized, water-resistant controls and uses (6) "C" size batteries (sold separately), an AC cord is included. The personal CD player features 60-second motion proof shock protection, CD/CD-R/RW playback, LCD display, dual headphone inputs, and a base boost; includes one set of stereo wrap-around headphones; requires two "AA" batteries (not included). Boom-box is priced at $39.99 and CD player is $24.99. Both are available this fall at Toys 'R' Us.
Name That Song Mickey is a soft, huggable Mickey plush comes with a wireless keyboard for hours of creative play. Kids sing and learn to play more than 20 classic songs with Mickey through number and color combinations, as well as compose their own creation that Mickey will sing back. Mickey also sings when you press his hand. It sells for $29.99 and is available at Wal-Mart, Toys 'R' Us, Kmart, Meijer, Shopko and DisneyShopping.com.
MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE Playset is an expandable playset featuring characters and signature gadgets from the hit television series. New "animatronic" technology allows figures to recognize and interact with each other. Playset comes with a Talkin' Bobbin' Mickey figure. It sells for $39.99 and is available at Wal-Mart, Toys 'R' Us, Kmart, Meijer, Shopko and DisneyShopping.com.
For the DISNEY FAIRIES line, the 3.5" Pixie Hideaway Playset comes with one doll and a unique activity based on that fairy's talent with Tinker Bell's "Fix-It Corner" girls can make friendship bracelets; Bess' "Artist Studio" lets girls sketch drawings; and in Rani's "Coral Cove" girls can magically change the color of Rani's headboard with water, which is also a real hair accessory. Each set includes a "Meet the Fairies" Collectible Pixie Card. It will sell for $19.99 and is available at major retailers nationwide.
DISNEY FAIRIES Friends Set includes two poseable 3.5" dolls with pixie-dusted wings that flutter, a flower stand, one "Meet the Fairies" collectible pixie card and an interactive DVD storybook. DVD features an original DISNEY FAIRIES story about their adventures in Pixie Hollow, as well as interactive games and bios. Four styles are available: Tinker Bell and Queen Clarion, Rani and Prilla, Lily and Bess, Beck and Fira. It sells for $12.99 and is available at major retailers nationwide.
For THE LITTLE MERMAID, the Shimmer Lights Ariel doll has a tail, which changes colors as it shimmers away. The doll is waterproof and sings songs and speaks phrases. It sells for $19.99 and is available at major retailers nationwide.
LITTLE MERMAID Magical Talking Salon is a child-sized vanity with stool includes molded compartments, working drawer, play sink and hair accessories. Ariel's image magically appears in the special light-up mirror, and the vanity includes a unique voice recognition feature, so girls can actually talk to Ariel. It sells for $69.99 and is available at major retailers nationwide.
For PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, the Ultimate Black Pearl Playset is a playset version of Jack Sparrow's ship full of features and play options, including electronic SFX and lights, firing cannons, collapsing mast, zip line, exploding battle damage, brig, captain's quarters and more. It will sell for $49.99 and is available at major retailers nationwide.
For CARS, the Mountain Challenge Trackset allows kids to drive cars around curves, dangerous drawbridges and windmills. The playset comes with one Lightning McQueen die-cast car. It will sell for $36.99 SRP and id available at major retailers nationwide.
For WINNIE THE POOH, the Turbo Tail Tigger bounces around on his coiled tail and sings his signature song, "The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers" when his hand is squeezed. The Tigger doll also says funny phrases and makes wacky noises. It sells for $24.99 and is available at major retailers nationwide.
For more information about DCP, visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com.