Columbia Pictures and Google have partnered on THE DA VINCI CODE Quest on Google a 24-day online puzzle adventure themed to THE DA VINCI CODE. Players will discover new puzzles on Google daily at www.google.com/davincicode. THE DA VINCI CODE Quest runs through May 19, 2006 the worldwide release date of the film.
The game consists of 24 days packed with puzzles to challenge movie fans of all ages. Puzzles include symbol logic, chess-related codes, city map jigsaw puzzles and video riddles. It is a skill-based contest open to puzzle fans in the U.S., the UK and Australia.
Prizes for the U.S. version include first-class vacations for the grand-prize winner and up to three guests to New York, Paris, London and Rome as well as the Sony Electronics package from SonyStyle, the official online and retail source of product information and shopping, including a Bravia LCD Television, VAIO(R) notebook computer, Cyber-shot digital still camera, NAV-U portable satellite navigation system, home theater system and more.
The puzzles borrow thematically from THE DA VINCI CODE movie and its lead character, Robert Langdon, professor of symbology at Harvard University, challenging players to use their skill and cunning to unlock various codes. Each daily puzzle will be one of six types:
* The Symbol Challenge: Players must use their logic skills and drag the symbols onto the grid such that the symbols in each column and row are all distinct.
* The Restoration Challenge: A question is hidden in plain sight on a classic work of art -- parts of the question are unclear, obscured by debris. Players have to restore the painting and reveal the question by clearing the particles of debris.
* The Curator Challenge: Players must use their "curator's eye" to hang the works of art such that the hooks match those on the gallery wall.
* The Chess Challenge: Players must determine the only sequence of three moves that will lead to checkmate in a given chess scenario.
* The Observation Challenge: Players watch movie clips and use their observational skills to seek the truth and answer trivia questions.
* The Geography Challenge: Players assemble jigsaw puzzle pieces to reveal and identify a geographical location.
Once solved, these daily puzzles will introduce a riddle to the player that will engage one of an assortment of Google products including Google Search, Google Maps, Google SMS and Google Video.
Columbia Pictures, part of the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group, is a Sony Pictures Ent. company. Sony Pictures Ent. (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corp. of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corp. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in 67 countries. More information can be found at www.sonypictures.com.
Google's innovative search technologies connect millions of people around the world with information every day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford Ph.D. students Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google today is a top web property in all major global markets. Google's targeted advertising program provides businesses of all sizes with measurable results, while enhancing the overall web experience for users. Google is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.google.com.