Disney's most loyal fans will get a close-up look at an extensive collection of interactive experiences and merchandise at the 2013 D23 Expo, taking place August 9-11 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Glendale, CA --
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) will give Disney’s most loyal fans an up close look at an extensive collection of interactive experiences and merchandise that celebrate Disney, Marvel and Star Wars timeless characters during the bi-annual D23 Expo, the ultimate Disney fan event. Held at the Anaheim Convention Center from Aug. 9-11, 2013, Disney fans will have the chance to follow their favorite products from “sketch to shelf” and learn how Disney Consumer Products extends storytelling from character and content extension to product development through featured discussions, art and sculptures and final product displays.
While at the D23 Expo fans will also be able to immerse themselves in exhibits, hands-on demonstrations, special signing opportunities and exclusive product offerings at the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion.
Disney Consumer Products’ exciting lineup of events and attractions includes:
Celebrating Disney, Marvel and Star Wars
- DisneyJunior Fun Spot – Get a sneak peek of brand-new toys before they hit storeshelves this fall and enjoy special giveaways while supplies last.
- DisneyPrincess Ariel-Themed Sephora Pop-up Shop – Sephora Pro artists and manicuristswill give attendees the royal treatment with products from the Disney ArielCollection by Sephora. The collection will be available for purchase alongwith an exclusive-to-D23 Expo-only Swarovski crystal-encrusted Ariel compactmirror. Attendees will receive starfish hair clips with every complimentarybeauty service each day, while supplies last.
- TheMystical World of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen – See feature animation art concepts, storyboards, unreleasedfilm clips, and products from the mystical world of Frozen, the daring comedy-adventure from Walt Disney AnimationStudios releasing in November 2013.
- Steamboat Willie Redux – Celebrate the history andtimelessness of the most cherished Disney character through this graphicallyre-interpreted mash-up of the pioneering 1928 cartoon short, Steamboat Willie.
- Spider-Man’s Ultimate Innovation – Come check out products on the cutting edge of product innovation and design featuring one of the most popular Super Heroes in the world, Spider-Man, in Marvel’s first-ever appearance in the DCP showcase at the D23 Expo.
- Star Wars at D23 Expo! – For the first time at the D23 Expo Star Wars fans canhave access to experiences created for them by Lucasfilm and Disney. DarthVader: The Evolution of a Villain, located in the DCP pavilion, showcasesthe development of the iconic villain from early concepts to striking realization.Crash Course in the Force: Star Wars Saga 101, presented by Lucasfilm’sresident authority Pablo Hidalgo in Stage 23, will give Star Wars newbiesand experts alike a thorough grounding in all matters of the Force and theStar Wars legacy.
Fans will have the opportunity to participate in other immersive experiences, including: Find Your Voice with The Little Mermaid, a karaoke experience celebrating the music from the film; Journey through the Art of Tink, a gallery where Disney artists, designers, illustrators, and animators from around the world have re-imagined our magical, sassy and feisty fairy, Tinker Bell; What Makes a Puppet a Muppet?, which will help fans learn what it takes to create a Muppets “plush” and then create your own; Take a Ride with Disney•Pixar’s World of Cars and Disney’s Planes, which explains how the highly collectible diecast vehicles are made; Assembling The Avengers Franchise, an exclusive tour through the history of The Avengers and the chance to see the latest The Avengers products; and I heart Mickey & Minnie, a rarely seen collection of beloved Mickey Mouse toys, apparel, and accessories from past decades, along with a showcase of Minnie Mouse-inspired fashions from around the globe.
Disney StoreD23 Members attending the Expo are invited to attend the Disney Store signature store opening ceremony to “Unlock Imagination”, each morning at 9 a.m. at the Convention Center, when the D23 Expo floor opens for members. The 1,800-square-foot Disney Store retail space will be packed with the latest D23 Expo merchandise created by Disney Store and will feature guest artist signings. In addition, guests will find an array of products not yet available to the public, including a Disney∙Pixar capsule collection, which will bring together multiple characters from Disney∙Pixar’s cherished portfolio of films for the first time ever.
Presentations from Disney Store on the Disney Consumer Products Workshop Stage include:
- Disney Fairytale Designer Collection– Guest artist signing with Gerald Mendez and Jessica Fuchs (Friday, Aug. 9– 10:15-11:15 a.m.)
- The Art of Ariel – Special guest artistsigning with Gerald Mendez, Enrique Pita, Quincy Sutton, and Steve Thompson(Saturday, Aug. 10 – 10:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
- Artist Series Two – On Sunday, Disney Store will launch ArtistSeries Two, a collection of merchandise with artwork created by Disney Storeartists and will host a guest artist signing on stage with Robert Farrell,John T. Quinn III, Jeff Shelly, and Becky Wong (Saturday, Aug. 10 – 2 p.m.-3p.m.)
Disney Publishing Disney Publishing will take fans into the world of books, apps and everything in between by showcasing how artists, storytelling and innovative content combined creates stories full of magic and adventure. Guests can participate in live readings with Fairy Godmother on Friday, watch artists behind popular Disney stories sketch live on Saturday and get their hair styled like a Disney Princess by Sephora on Sunday with the help of the Disney Princess Royal Salon app. New books and never-before-seen lithographs featuring Peter Pan, Mickey Mouse and Sleeping Beauty will be available for sale inside the booth.
Disney Publishing’s Stage 28 presentations and signings include:
- Ridley Pearson and The Kingdom KeepersInsider App Quest – New York Times best-selling author Ridley Pearson embarkson a journey to write the seventh and final book in the Kingdom Keepers series—onlythis time, his readers are helping him write it! Join the author as he revealshow deception and betrayal rock the Kingdom Keepers’ world as the mercilessgroup of Overtakers (Disney villains) stage an unexpected comeback (Presentation:Friday, Aug. 9 – 12 p.m.-1 p.m. Signing: 1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m., Talent RoundUp).
- Dave Bossert Remembers Roy E. Disneywith special guest Roy P. Disney – Dave Bossert and Roy P. Disney will sharestories, drawings and candid photos found in Bossert’s new book Remembering Roy E. Disney: Memories andPhotos of a Storied Life (Presentation: Friday, Aug. 9 – 1:30 p.m.-2:30p.m. Signing: 2:45 – 3:45, The Dream Store).
- Disney ImagineeringLegend Marty Sklar Presents…Dream It! Do It!: My Half-Century Creating Disney’sMagic Kingdoms – Disney Legend Marty Sklar will take guests through a presentationbased on his new memoir—one thatrecounts his epic Disney adventure, including working as Walt's literary right-handman for the Disney Parks, writing a film expressing Walt's philosophy for theWalt Disney World project and Epcot and opening nine of the 11 Disney parksaround the world (Presentation:Friday, Aug. 9 – 3 p.m.-4 p.m. Signing: 4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Talent RoundUp).
Tickets and pricing information for D23 Expo 2013 are available at D23Expo.com Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 Expo and can be purchased for single days or for the full three days of festivities. Members of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans will receive a discount on admission, as well as early entry to each day of the D23 Expo for themselves and their guests. More details about D23 Expo entertainment, events, and special guests will be announced in the coming weeks. Fans can keep up with all the news by visiting D23Expo.com or by following "DisneyD23" on Twitter and Facebook.
Source: Disney Consumer Products