This December the 9th annual CVMP Conference returns to London.
London, UK --
This December, the 9th annual CVMP Conference – Europe’s best opportunity to see and discuss the latest ideas and trends in visual media production – is returning to London.
For two days (5th and 6th December, 2012) in Leicester Square’s Vue Cinema, CVMP will bring together production and post-production specialists from the film, broadcast and games industries with well-respected imaging and graphics researchers.
A selection of carefully selected speakers anchor the event’s learning portion through discovery sessions that highlight unseen papers, tactics and research. CVMP features members from both academia and professional production studios, inviting them to share innovative ways they’ve approached common industry problems. The confirmed speaker list includes:
- Mike Romey: CG Supervisor at ZOIC Studios
- Olga Sorkine: Assistant Professor of Computer Science at ETH Zurich
- Tom Mertens: CEO and Co-Founder at Camargus
- Fredo Durand: Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- John Zubryzcki: Archives Research Section Leader at BBC Research and Development
- Alexander Seaman: Effects Animation Supervisor at Double Negative
- Mark Wilson: CG Supervisor at Framestore
- Hannes Appell: Cinematic Artist at Crytek
- Adrian Hilton: Vision, Speech & Signal Processing at University of Surrey
Irregular modeling techniques, broadcast innovations undertaken during the London Olympics, and retrieving visual data once thought to be invisible are among the speaker topics up for discussion; academic topics will explore ideas like “Can Our TV Robustly Understand Human Gestures?” and “Collaborative Visual Story Boarding.”
CVMP is an impartial event organised by The Foundry and committee members Trinity College Dublin, BBC R&D and the University of Surrey. Leading sponsors include: Google, MPC, VES (The Visual Effects Society) and CGChannel.
If you would like a full complimentary press pass to the event, please get in touch directly and for more information visit: www.cvmp-conference.org.
Source: The Foundry/Luxology