Highlights from the full schedule events at this year’s edition of the Creative Talent Network Animation Expo include book signings with animators John Kricfalusi and Floyd Norman, breakfast with Andreas Deja, Bob Kurtz and Barry Cook, the making of ‘Sleeping Beauty’ with Pierre Lambert, and much, much more.
This year’s edition of the Creative Talent Network Animation Expo opens at noon on Friday with a full schedule of events, including special guests, panels, studio sneak peeks, industry recruiters, and meet-and-greets with major names in the business.
Organized by Disney veteran Tina Price, CTNX is an annual three-day animation convention that focuses on putting the talent center stage. This year’s event will take place November 15-17, 2013, at the Burbank Marriott Hotel, and kicks off with an advance screening of GKIDS’ Ernest & Celestine Thursday night in the Marriot Ballroom.
The full schedule -- packed with over 50 master sessions and panel conversations with contributors from some of the highest grossing films of all time -- has now been posted online. See below for some of each day’s highlights:
- Book signings with animators John Kricfalusi and Floyd Norman
- Behind the scenes of Disney's Frozen
- Panels and discussions with Eric Goldberg, Bill Wray, Bill Kroyer, Dan Haskett, Ken Duncan, Bibo Bergeron, and many more
- Breakfast with Andreas Deja, Bob Kurtz and Barry Cook
- Bill Kroyer interviews Phil Tippett
- Eric Goldberg interviews Burny Mattinson
- Cocktail receptions with Kevin Lima and Richard Edlund
- Will Finn interviews John Kricfalusi
- Charles Solomon interviews Bob Kurtz
- The making of Sleeping Beauty with Pierre Lambert
Can't make it to Burbank this year? The entire event will be live streamed on the Internet for free.
Source: Creative Talent Network
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.