Createasphere will again present its intensive, career-oriented Post Production Master Class (PPMC) in New York and Los Angeles.
Burbank, CA -- Createasphere will again present its intensive, career-oriented Post Production Master Class (PPMC) in New York and Los Angeles. PPMC NY is set for September 27 at the New Yorker Hotel and PPMC LA will take place November 8 during Createasphere's Entertainment Technology Expo at the Burbank Marriott.
The Post Production Master Class is a one-of-a-kind event focused on the evolving post production process, facing shifting demands, trends and technologies. The event offers rare access to thought leaders who discuss their points of view about what's happening now and what will happen to the professional post production community in the near future. As production, on-set, pre-production, visual effects and global interactivity continue to evolve, so too will post production. The PPMC presents highly regarded experts who share their knowledge and experience and give attendees a road map to navigate this volatile but exciting career path. The small group atmosphere allows exceptional access to these professionals and the peer-to-peer nature of the class encourages lively interaction.
In addition to the educational sessions, there are Tech Spotlights, presented by the industry's top technology providers. The expertise of the presenters offers attendees the ability to have in-depth discussions of the latest technology affecting the evolving discipline of post production. Session and speaker highlights in New York include:
- Post Production for Spots: Delivering on the Idea – Meet thefearless producers from New York agencies who take ideas from concept todelivery for advertising campaigns. MindSmack Executive Producer Kwesi Collisson with Director AntoineManceaux will discuss their recent international spot for Non-Stop EnergyDrink, shot in Hong Kong. Twist Comedy Director Matt Pittroff will discusshow he has executed his creative vision for Cannonball's extensive andongoing commercial campaign for Amerista, and Producer Aaron Royer addshis perspective from numerous spots and campaigns. Moderated by NYCPPNewsFounder and long-time industry journalist Dan Ochiva.
- A Colorful Conversation: Meet the Colorists – A panel of topcolorists take an in-depth exploration of the changing pathway to theimages that capture our attention. Speakers include Will Cox, co-founderof Final Frame; Lenny Mastrandrea, DI Colorist and Head of Department atNice Shoes; and Tim Stipan, colorist, Technicolor-Postworks.
- Talent, Story, Time and Technology: Television Post Production NewYork Style – Spend time with television producer Brad Carpenter as hediscusses the production and post strategies that bring Showtime’sEmmy-winning Nurse Jackie to thescreen each week. Matthew Schneider, Technology and Business DevelopmentDirector at Technicolor-PostWorks, will moderate a spirited look at theways Manhattan post houses keep up with the city's busy televisionproduction hub.
- The Evolving Post Production Career – A roundtable of post productionprofessionals who will thoughtfully discuss where we are as an industryand where we need to go. Speakers include Marcelo Gandola, President, PostNew York Alliance and Senior VP Deluxe Content Creation Group; TerryBrown, CTO, MegaPlayground, Matthew Mallinson, AllCreative NY; GlennAllen, Co-Founder/VFX Producer/VFX Supervisor, Brainstorm; RichardFriedlander, Co-Founder/VFX Producer, Brainstorm; editors from ACE;facility owners; VFX producers and more.
Session and speaker highlights in Los Angeles include:
- Behind The Scenes In Award Winning Storytelling: The Oscar Panel –Join the editor, post supervisor, and visual effects supervisor from anOscar worthy project and learn how choices are made and how workflow andtools impact the process.
- What Does the Future Hold, and the changing career path for postproduction – join the top leaders in post production for a serious look atthe future and what pathways lie ahead for post production professionals.
- How Visual Effects Tools are Changing Everything – Meet thecreatives who have fully embraced and benefitted from a new treasure chestof affordable tools and see how to incorporate them into your work.
- From Set to Editorial: AKeynote Conversation – An intimate conversation with a celebrated editorand cinematographer.
Los Angeles speakers include; Larry Chernoff, MTI Films, Norm Hollyn, USC; Ramy Katrib, DigitalFilmTree; Phil Linson, AFI; Thomas Tannenberger, Gradient Effects; Tom Vice, nextLAB; Josh Rizzo, VP Technology for Technicolor/Slate Media. More speakers will be announced.
The PPMC in both cities is sponsored by the PNYA, HPA, ACE, and ASC. For more information visit http://createasphere.com/PPMC.