Super villains, fast cars, and magic nannies all team up on store shelves for this week's home entertainment releases on Blu-Ray and DVD.
Super villains, fast cars, and magic nannies all team up on store shelves for this week's home entertainment releases on Blu-Ray and DVD. Check out the new titles, below, and let us know which ones are on your wish list.
Two-disc DVD set includes episodes 268-279; both English and Japanese voice tracks; with bonus content only found on the disc. Running time 287 minutes.
As Ichigo and Ulquiorra battle, Loly and Menoly find a golden opportunity to dispose of Orihime. Unable to defend herself, Orihime is attacked without remorse, while a new enemy arises. Yammy breaks through the floor of the 5th Tower as Ulquiorra's reinforcement. Despite the combined attacks of Ichigo and Uryu, they all seem useless against Ulquiorra and Yammy. Meanwhile, in the World of the Living, the mysterious Visoreds step onto the battlefield. Will they be friend or foe?
Despicable Me 2, the $872 million worldwide box office phenomenon and the year’s #1 comedy, arrives on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Combo Packs, DVD and Digital HD including UltraViolet from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. In addition to more than 45 minutes of hilarious and insightful bonus features, Blu-ray Combo Packs will include three all-new mini-movies starring the film series’ breakout stars, the mischievous but lovable Minions.
In this follow-up to the 2010 worldwide blockbuster, Steve Carell (“The Office,” The 40-Year-Old Virgin) returns to play Gru, the newly reformed master criminal now trying to live life as a normal dad to his three adopted daughters. Carell leads a voice cast of comedic powerhouses that includes Kristin Wiig (Bridesmaids, Saturday Night Live), Benjamin Bratt (Miss Congeniality, Snitch), Miranda Cosgrove (“iCarly,” Despicable Me), Russell Brand (Get Him to the Greek, Hop), Steve Coogan (Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Tropic Thunder), Ken Jeong (The Hangover, Turbo), Elsie Fisher (Despicable Me, Raising Hope), Dana Gaier (Despicable Me) and Moisés Arias (Ender’s Game, “Hannah Montana”).
The sixth installment in the popular car-based franchise has the lead characters tracking another organization of deadly and dangerous drivers. The movie, one of Paul Walker's final works, also stars Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez, and is also available in an extended edition release.
In the wake of Walker’s death, Universal announced that it will donate a percentage of proceeds from the home entertainment release to Walker’s non-profit, Reach Out WorldWide, a network of professionals with first responder skill-sets who augment local expertise when natural disasters strike in order to accelerate relief efforts.
Special Features include:
- Deleted Scenes
- The Making of Fast & Furious 6: The Fastest of Them All – Explore the epic saga of the Fast films from Fast 3 through 4, 5 and now 6.
- The Making of Fast & Furious 6: Reuniting the Team – The return of all the characters (and actors) that make up the larger Fast family.
- The Making of Fast & Furious 6: Letty’s Return – Explore how the creative team engineered Michelle Rodriguez’s (“Letty”) resurrection.
- The Making of Fast & Furious 6: The Mastermind and the Mole – Meet the Fast Six “newbies” – Luke Evans (“Shaw”) and Gina Carano (“Riley”).
- On the Set with Vin – On location in Tenerife, Vin talks through a stunt he is about to perform.
- Feature Commentary with Director Justin Lin
Attention, easily brainwashed citizens of Earth! You are now under the control of Futurama: Volume 8 - the highly animated sci-fi comedy from The Simpsons creator Matt Groening. Packed with mind-altering, brain-exploding extras not shown on TV, this outrageous collection includes 13 mesmerizing episodes featuring maniac street racers, robot grave robbers, and nerve-wracking nose transplants.
You'll watch - you'll laugh -- you'll obey. The Hypnotoad commands it!
- Full Length Audio Commentary On All 13 Episodes
- Bonus Animator Commentary on Game Of Tones
- Precious Trimmings: A Compendium Of Deleted Scenes
- Futurama University: An In-depth Three Part Exploration of The Animation Process At Rough Draft Studios, Inc.
- Inside Futurama: The Writer's Room Of Tomorrow
Releasing from the Disney Vault in celebration of its 50th Anniversary, creative visionary Walt Disney’s classic shines for the first time on Blu-ray. Starring Dick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews in her Academy-Award winning role, and featuring iconic toe-tapping songs including “A Spoonful of Sugar” and “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,” Mary Poppins is a movie experience your family will enjoy again and again.
An all-new digital restoration adds even more magic – helping bring the award-winning songs and amazing picture to life like never before.
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.