e-on Announces 2012 3D Environment Competition
Beaverton, OR -- e-on software, in association with aXYZ design, 3D Total, AsileFx, Cornucopia3D, Pixologic, Ballistic Publishing, 3Dconnexion, 3D World magazine, CG Society, QuadSpinner and Digital-Tutors, announced the seventh edition of the "3D Environment Competition", designed to showcase the capabilities of 3D technology for CG environments.
With over $30,000 worth of prizes, including soon-to-be-released Vue 11, Carbon Scatter 2 and LumenRT 3 Advanced products, the 3D Environment 2012 represents the biggest competition e-on software has ever organized!
For the first time in the 3D Environment Competition history, the competition includes 3 distinct categories: 3D Environment, Character Rendering, and Architectural Visualization.
Entrants may use their application of choice, in combination with any of the e-on software products. This includes any version of Vue, including the free Personal Learning Edition and the free Vue Pioneer, as well as Carbon Scatter, Ozone, and LumenRT (and their respective free versions)!
Judging will be based solely on the quality, realism and artistic merit of the entries, not on the software version used to create them.
With 15 prestigious judges representing the different fields of the 3D Industry, this competition is a unique chance for artists to have their work exposed to the eyes of industry experts, as well as winning an extensive set of 3D tools and resources.
Judging Performed by Industry Legends!
The "3D Environment Competition 2012" judges are all leading figures in the world of 3D graphics, representing the Motion Picture, Game, Archviz, Media and Broadcast industries, including several VES and Emmy award winners:
3D Environment Judges:
- Paul Huston – Senior Digital Matte Artist, Industrial Light & Magic
- Dark Hoffman – Freelance Digital Artist, Sony Imageworks
- Max Dennison - Art Director, Digital Domain London
- Eran Dinur - VFX Supervisor, Brainstorm Digital
- Stephane Belin – Senior Concept Artist, Blizzard Entertainment
- Susumu Yukuhiro – Matte Painting Supervisor, Whiskytree
- Tom Greenway – Editor, 3DTotal.com
- Richard Hill – Editor, 3D World magazine
- Paul Hellard – Editor, CGSociety.org
Character Rendering Judges: