e-on Software Ships Vue 10.5
Press release from e-on Software:
Beaverton, OR -- e-on software, maker of the leading solutions for Digital Nature, announced the availability of Vue 10.5 xStream and Infinite, the latest production driven version of its professional solutions for the creation, animation and rendering of natural 3D environments.
New features of Vue 10.5
Specifically designed for graphics professionals, Vue xStream and Vue Infinite combine a multitude of cutting edge features that easily integrate into existing production pipelines. Vue Infinite operates as a standalone application while Vue xStream works seamlessly inside 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, LightWave and Cinema4D.
The Vue 10.5 feature set was designed according to e-on software’s professional users most recent production feedback. This study on the product’s usability and ergonomics resulted in many feature and interface optimizations, leading to a better, faster and more streamlined workflow.
Release 10.5 of Vue also adds a number of important new features including:
• Directional Light Matching: The Vue sun may now be tied to any directional light from the native scene in the host application (Vue xStream specific).
• Multiple Vue Camera Import: All Vue cameras present in the scene can be imported to the host application (Vue xStream specific).
• Spline Roll: It is now possible to add roll to spline keypoints using the local rotation gizmo e.g. to create leaning roads or roller coaster rails that bank along bends.
• Spline Resampling: To complement Vue's Automatic Path Finding, Vue 10.5 introduces Spline Resampling that creates new spline keys while keeping the original spline path, and drop each point onto the underlying surface.
• Ecosystem Stacking: Users will now be able to stack EcoSystem instances on top of each other. This new feature is available both while painting an EcoSystem or directly from the material editor.
• Rock Convexity: the Rock Convexity material node changes the look of the rocks based on their actual geometry, for instance to create dirty insets or polished edges.
Terrain Fractal 2: Vue 10.5 introduces a new version of the original Terrain Fractal node with optional stratification. Terrain Fractal 2 generates a higher diversity of natural looking shapes, and rough areas of rocks and cliffs are more convincingly integrated in the relief.
• Deeper customization thanks to new Python functions: Vue 10.5 adds several new commands to the Python library, such as: Add/remove/move spline points or modify spline effects, Add or modify cloud layers, Manage object animation functions, Hide objects from render, Enable or disable dialogs to popup or set callbacks, and a lot more…
• Network rendering improvements: RenderCow CPU affinity is automatically synchronized with the Windows task manager, RenderCows can be paused directly from the tray icon, the scene render size can be overwritten directly via a RenderNode command line…
• Many other improvements such as angular splines, Terrain Color Pattern node, EcoSystem manipulation and customization improvements, Render Stack management improvements, cloud layer dummies grouping and more.
Vue 10.5 is available free of charge for all users under maintenance. Users of Vue 10 who are not under maintenance and wish to advance to Vue 10.5 should purchase maintenance today - they will receive Vue 10.5 and the Vue 11 upgrade free of charge.
More information on e-on software’s maintenance plans can be found at: www.e-onsoftware.com/maintenance