HPA Awards Issues Call for Entries
Hollywood, CA -- The Hollywood Post Alliance announced the opening of the Call for Entries for the 8th Annual HPA Awards, which will take place on the evening of November 7th, 2013 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles, CA. Considered the standard bearer for excellence and innovation, the HPA Awards recognize the achievements of the individuals and companies that have contributed to groundbreaking technologies and creative excellence within the post production industry.
The HPA Awards invite entries in the following competitive categories:
- Outstanding Color Grading-Feature Film
- Outstanding Color Grading-Television
- Outstanding Color Grading-Commercial
- Outstanding Editing-Feature Film
- Outstanding Editing-Television
- Outstanding Editing-Commercial
- Outstanding Sound-Feature Film
- Outstanding Sound-Television
- Outstanding Sound-Commercial
- Outstanding Visual Effects-Feature Film
- Outstanding Visual Effects-Television
- Outstanding Visual Effects-Commercial
- Engineering Excellence Award
- HPA Judges Award for Creativity and Innovation in Post Production
The period of eligibility for the HPA Awards is September 11, 2012 through September 3, 2013. To be considered eligible, work must have debuted domestically and or internationally during this period. Entrants need not be members of the Hollywood Post Alliance or working in the U.S.
A notable difference in the 2013 competition is expansion in the visual effects categories, which have become more encompassing, focused on a broader section of the visual effects pipeline.
Complete rules, guidelines and entry information are available at: www.hpaawards.net. Submissions for the creative categories will be accepted May 15, 2013 through July 12, 2013 and Early Bird Entries (reduced fee for the creative categories) will be accepted through June 14, 2013. Submissions for the Engineering Excellence Award and the Creativity and Innovation Award will be accepted May 15, 2013 through June 21, 2013. Entrants for the Engineering Excellence Award will be invited to present at a special HPA judging event in early August.
Source: Hollywood Post Alliance