Cage, an online collaboration tool that provides a secure environment for creative teams to present their work for feedback and approval, launched its public beta.
OKLAHOMA CITY —
Cage, an online collaboration tool that provides a secure environment for creative teams to present their work for feedback and approval, launched its public beta this week. Starting Thursday, users can join the public beta by visiting http://cageapp.com/.
“Sandip and the Cage team have been focused on building an easy-to-use, intuitive product for designers and creative teams. Cage is both, plus it’s beautiful to look at,” said Graphicly founder Micah Baldwin, who is also a Cage advisor. “I love the platform and the attention to detail, and I’m even more impressed with the team that put it together.”
Cage allows users to easily upload and present files, manage tasks, organize revisions and receive approvals all in one simple environment. Since Cage entered private beta in 2011, more than 20,000 creative professionals have signed up to use the product, including many who work at some of the biggest brands in the world, such as: Omnicom, Google, BBDO, Twitter, Facebook, Saatchi & Saatchi, Target, AT&T, Virgin Media, Moleskin, Marvel, Electronic Arts, Walmart, Ogilvy and Weber Shandwick.
The public beta is accompanied by a complete redesign and redevelopment of the interface and includes several new or improved features:
- Tasks: Users can now manage, assign and complete tasks withoutleaving the app
- In-app Sharing: Users can now send and receive projects seamlesslywithout having to copy and paste links into email
- Video Player: Clients can now offer frame-by-frame feedback directlyon video projects
- Approvals: Users can now receive client approvals directly withinthe app
- Revisions: Users can now easily version client feedback and presentchanges within the app
- File Support: Users can now upload a wide variety of files,including popular image and video formats, and even PSDs
- Notifications: Teams and Clients stay in the loop with customizableemail notifications
- Activity Steam: Users can now catch up and stay current on allactivity in the app
- Archive: Users can now archive inactive projects to reference in thefuture
Said Cage co-founder Sandip Patel: “Our biggest goal in re-imaging Cage was to make it useful for any type of designer, artist or creative team without a lot of clutter. Leaving out vital features for the sake of simplicity leads to workarounds, and that doesn’t work for anyone. We wanted to make sure the tool we built would make it easy for creatives to present, manage and secure approvals on their work…and look like geniuses while doing it.”
Cage is a product of BitConfused, a small startup based in Oklahoma City. BitConfused handcrafts web-based products that solve common business problems in a simple, useful way.
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.