Vicon Releases Optical Capture Camera Bonita
Press Release from Vicon
13 October 2009, Oxford, UK: Vicon, developer of motion capture products, today launched Bonita, a small, affordable optical capture camera for tracking and analyzing motion. Bonita is capable of capturing 240FPS while being small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. Vicon has also announced the launch of Tracker, a robust object tracking software providing unparalleled data accuracy for integration in 3D applications.
“Our 25-year history for technological innovations and our experience perfecting camera calibration and 3D reconstruction techniques has led to the development of Bonita and Tracker,” said Doug Reinke, CEO and President, Vicon. “These two very exciting introductions have been designed to be powerful, easy to use, cost-effective and are tailor-made for those working in industrial engineering, robotics, human factors engineering, virtual engineering and academia.”
Bonita is Vicon’s smallest optical capture camera that has been engineered to be powerful, accurate, reliable and affordable. It’s easy to set up and accurate enough to capture with positional accuracy down to one millimeter in a 4m x 4m volume.
Key Features in Bonita Include:
* Single PoE (Power over Ethernet) connection to the PC via an off-the-shelf Ethernet switch enables easy configuration and system connectivity
* A variable focal length lens enables full flexibility within a variety of environments
* 68 high-powered LEDs outperform other cameras in its class with better illumination of markers
* Small form factor allows you to place the camera in small areas, while maintaining performance
Tracker is a powerful object tracking application providing unrivalled data accuracy for integration in to 3D applications.
Key Features in Tracker Include:
* Optimized rigid body tracker gives you reliable data that is tolerant to occlusion of markers
* Low latency output allows data to be received very quickly after an observed event
* Easy to use software enables you to get going quickly so you don’t need to worry about running the system
* Flexible integration with third-party applications enables you to read the data stream from the system in one of three ways; TCP, UDP and VRPN. This gives maximum compatibility with third party applications or development environments such as C++ (Windows 32/64, Linux), Labview, Virtools and TrackD
* Full support for Windows Vista enables Tracker to be used out of the box with the latest computers
* Tracker software is compatible with Vicon MX3+, F-Series and T-Series cameras. It can also be used independent of any hardware using the Vicon Virtual System Emulator. This option is particularly useful for third-party integrators who want to test Tracker data or produce plug-ins
Bonita will be priced at $30,000 / £19,500 for an eight-camera system, including the Tracker software. Both products begin shipping autumn 2009. For further information click here.
Academy Award-winning Vicon is the world’s largest supplier of precision motion tracking systems, and match moving software. It serves customers in the CG animation industry, film, visual effects, computer games, and broadcast television, as well as engineering and life science industries. Vicon operates in four offices worldwide, including its Los Angeles-based Entertainment headquarters: a 26,000 square-foot facility equipped with three performance capture stages for Vicon’s service company House of Moves.
Vicon is a subsidiary of OMG (Oxford Metrics Group - LSE: OMG), plc., a group of technology companies that produces image-understanding solutions for the Entertainment, Defense, Life Science and Engineering markets. Other holdings include: 2d3, a manufacturer of specialized image understanding software for defense applications; Yotta DCL our highways surveying business in the UK; and Yotta MVS, a leading US provider of data collection services for the assessment of property taxation.