Gravity Expands Commercials Group, Names New Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Producer
Press release from Gravity
New York, NY, (January 21, 2011) – International content creation and brand communications company Gravity has expanded its Commercials Group with a significant new hire. The company has also revealed details of its latest commercial projects. The announcements were made by Zviah Eldar, Chief Executive Officer, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer, Gravity.
Bob Samuel has been named Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Producer for Gravity’s Commercials Group. In his newly created role, Samuel will be responsible for seeking new business and client relationships for the company, building on Gravity’s renowned design, visual effects, animation and digital branding services. He will also be charged with administering the company’s philosophy of extending Gravity’s extremely flexible services to cross-platform brand marketers.
“Bob is the perfect person for this new role, as his vision and skills will further strengthen Gravity’s recently integrated digital capabilities,” said Eldar. “We are excited to have him join our leadership team and further develop our outreach in New York within the advertising community.”
Gravity’s Commercials Group is currently working on projects for such clients and brands as:
- MB Trading for Gearon Hoffman, Boston: Gravity is supplying VFX Shoot Supervision, CG, Flame and Compositing, Graphic Design, Logo Design. The spot is airing now.
- Gillette for BBDO/NY: Gravity supplying VFX Shoot Supervision, CG, Flame and Compositing; company is creating, modeling, animating, lighting CG razors, various effects on live action. Spot airing internationally.
- Plavix for MRM: Gravity is supplying 3D and CG medical illustrations.
- Kmart and BlueCross Blue Shield for FCB Chicago: Gravity is supplying traditional Character Animation (hand drawn) combined with CG Animation, and Live Action background action plates shot in-house on company’s insert stage.
- Muller Yogurt (International Spot): Gravity Tel Aviv supplied all designs and backgrounds for this spot. Gravity New York is providing animation, lighting, rendering and compositing of a CG peach as well as a CG butterfly (models were supplied by the Tel Aviv office). Gravity NYC is also compositing all backgrounds (matte paintings) with the live action plates that were shot with green screen.
ABOUT BOB SAMUEL:
Bob Samuel’s years of experience in the entertainment and advertising industries have been marked by a commitment to award-winning production and brand building. Prior to joining Gravity, he most recently served as an independent executive producer and content consultant. Over the course of his career, he has produced award-winning work on behalf of such diverse clients as Apple, Kraft, BMW, Dr. Pepper, AT&T, PepsiCo, MasterCard, IBM, Nike, American Express, Johnson & Johnson, AOL, Time-Warner, Volkswagen, Audi and others.
In 2004, Samuel joined Core, LLC, as Managing Director. There, he initiated co-branding, web and environmental content relationships with Gucci, Karl Lagerfeld, Apple and other top brands. Before joining Core, Samuel served as partner and Director of Broadcast Production at Gardner Nelson & Partners, where he developed the agency’s first branded long-form program, and worked with clients such as Bank One, Chase, Southwest Airlines, CESA and Cablevision.
During the course of his career, Samuel has worked at Coppos Films, Ammirati & Puris, Inc., Saatchi & Saatchi, McCann-Erickson, DDB and ABC Sports, Inc. He has won numerous awards at festivals, including One Show, Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival, AICP Honors, Clios and Addys.
Gravity is an international creative, content and brand communications company with proven expertise in three integrated business groups: Features, Commercials and Digital. With 250 talented professionals across offices in New York, Los Angeles and Tel Aviv, the company is a widely renowned generator of high-end visual effects, creative content, motion graphics, animation and digital strategy.
Gravity’s powerful combination of innovation and design are consistently aligned to help brands drive meaningful, dynamic connections with consumers - whether they experience them via television, cinema, websites, social media or mobile applications.