FX Renews Season Four of ‘Archer’
Press release from FX:
Archer was created by Adam Reed and Floyd County Productions and is executive produced by Reed and Matthew Thompson. The show is produced by FX Productions. Four all new episodes of Archer remain in season three with the season finale slated for Thursday, March 22 at 10:00 PM E/P. Compared to its season two averages, first-run episodes of Archer’s third season are delivering ratings gains of +62% in Adults 18-34 (1.03 million), +44% in Adults 18-49 (1.58 million) and +32% in Total Viewers (2.0 million). Versus season one, Archer has grown +76% in Adults 18-48 and +67% in Adults 18-34. On a weekly basis, season three of Archer is averaging 3.31 million Total Viewers, 2.49 million Adults 18-49 and 1.64 million Adults 18-34.*
In tonight’s episode, “Bloody Ferlin” (Airs February 23, 10:00 pm e/p), Archer (H. Jon Benjamin) must help Gillette (Adam Reed) save his younger brother Randy (Jack McBrayer) and Randy’s wife “Janelle” (Paula Malcomson) from a crooked sheriff, “EZ Ponder” (Michael Rooker), in the backwoods of West Virginia. [Written and voice directed by Adam Reed]
“It was an easy decision to order more Archer,” said Grad. “Adam, Matt, and our amazing voice cast are delivering one of the funniest and smartest shows on television. It has deservedly grown beyond its initial cult following to become both a critical and ratings success. It is a true asset to the FX comedy roster.”
FX has ordered 13 episodes for the series’ fourth season.
Reed said, “We are insanely excited that FX Productions has committed to a multi-year deal for Archer and Floyd County Productions. They’re fantastic to work with, and we hope to keep making good shows for FX for as long as they’ll have us.”
Thompson added, “I am over the moon excited about the trust and faith FX has placed in Floyd County Productions with this deal. We have over 100 extremely talented artists that amaze me every day with their talent and work ethic. We hope to build on this, growing into a giant animating monster that will eventually take over the world.”
The overall deal with FX Productions is for two years with an option for an additional two years that will keep Reed and Thompson with FXP for any additional seasons of Archer and any new projects they develop. The overall pact also includes Reed and Thompson’s animation studio, Floyd County Productions, to continue as animators on Archer, along with FX’s second animated comedy series Unsupervised, and any new animated series produced by FX Productions or developed by FX. This is the second overall deal for FXP.
“Adam and Matt are incredibly gifted producers and we’re proud to have them and Floyd County under the FX Productions umbrella,” said Schrier. “Archer has been an incredibly successful title for FXP, from ratings to DVD sales, iTunes, merchandise and even its bestselling book. They’ve done an outstanding job of animating Unsupervised. This is a great deal for FXP as we continue to expand the studio, and it affords us the ability to aggressively pursue new animated projects.”
FX Productions produces the critically acclaimed hit comedy series It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, Louie, Archer, Wilfred, and Unsupervised and it co-produces the award winning hit drama series Sons of Anarchy and critically acclaimed hit drama series Justified.