EA Buys Plants vs. Zombies Creator
- Non-GAAP net revenue is expected to be approximately $75 million higher than GAAP net revenue due to the impact of the change in deferred net revenue (packaged goods and digital content);
- Approximately $175 million of estimated stock-based compensation;
- Approximately $85 to $95 million of acquisition-related expenses;
- Approximately $23 million of restructuring charges; and
- Non-GAAP tax expenses are expected to be $120 to $145 million higher than GAAP tax expenses.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 100 million registered players and operates in 75 countries. In fiscal year 2011, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.6 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed, Battlefield, and Mass Effect. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
PopCap is the leading global developer, publisher and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across mobile, social, PC and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000 and has a worldwide staff of approximately 475 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo. PopCap’s games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship franchise, Bejeweled®, has sold more than 50 million units.