Boris FX announces Boris Continuum Complete 9, a package of visual effects for NLE and compositing platforms, which features over 30 new filters and transitions in key areas such as Image Restoration, Film, Stylize, and more.
Boris FX announces Boris Continuum Complete 9 - a package of visual effects for NLE and compositing platforms on Windows and Mac OS. Building on the strengths of previous BCC releases, version 9 adds over 30 new filters and transitions in key areas such as Image Restoration, Film, Stylize, Keying and Compositing, Lights, and Perspective. All BCC effects and presets can now be viewed in the new FX Browser window, which is integrated into every BCC filter or transition.
"Tools to create grungy, organic looks have been sorely missing in Adobe After Effects. The new BCC Grunge effect includes everything I need to create a "beautiful mess" in my broadcast graphics projects," comments John Dickinson of MotionWorks.
"The BCC 9 FX Browser raises the bar for effect selection and previewing," says Kevin P. McAuliffe of MIJO International. "With time-accurate motion video preview of every effect, selecting the right look is a breeze."
Boris Continuum Complete gives editors and visual artists the most comprehensive VFX plug-in suite ever created. An expansive 200+ filter collection includes 3D Objects, 3D particle effects, image restoration tools, lens flares and lights, keys and mattes, warp and perspective effects, and blurs, glows, and cinematic effects. All filters take advantage of either Open CL, NVIDIA CUDA, multi-threading or OpenGL hardware acceleration for an interactive effects design experience.
Over 1,000 professionally designed presets are included free with every installation of BCC. All presets can be viewed in the new FX Browser window. Custom presets can be saved and shared among teams within the same organization or across the globe. Both static and animated BCC presets are supported in After Effects and Avid platforms. BCC is the only plug-in collection that allows easy VFX migration between Adobe, Avid, and Apple video editing software via Boris Transfer, which keeps parameters and key frame information intact.
"During BCC 9 development, our team was tasked with creating the best effects browser," states Boris Yamnitsky, Founder and CEO of Boris FX. "The FX Browser is capable of not only previewing presets of the current filter, but also across the entire library, saving customers many frustrating trial and error steps. It shows the effects in full motion over video from the host timeline."
Boris Continuum Complete 9 New Feature Highlights
- Stylize Group — BCC Grunge is packed with photo-realistic materials and textures and gives the user unlimited creative control over dirt, dust, bumpiness, and scratches; BCC Edge Grunge gives standard text or logos the etched look of real objects.
- Film Group — BCC Vignette mimics the soft feel of a camera lens projected on screen with added luminosity and defocus controls; BCC Two Strip Process is a one-stop solution for the highly saturated retro look of Hollywood's first color films.
- Image Restoration Group — BCC Magic Sharp restores perfect contrast and makes blurry footage look its best; BCC Lens Correction is specifically tuned to remove fish-eye distortion - a must-have for a GoPro enthusiast.
- Keying and Composite Group — BCC Chromakey Studio combines Boris FX's award-winning Chroma Key process into one new convenient filter that provides users with every pre/post green screen composite tool needed.
- Lights Group — BCC Laser Beam creates beams of light or strobing backgrounds in 3D space and includes a smoke/fog parameter that reacts to the beam as it is animated through 3D space. The filter uses AE's built-in 3D lights and cameras in Adobe After Effects. Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid use built-in 3D lights and cameras created by Boris FX.
- Perspective Group — BCC Pan and Zoom can now rotate images in 3D and offers cropping and other adjustment options.
- Transition Group — 20+ new transitional effects bring the total number of transitions to over thirty.
- FX Browser is integrated with each BCC 9 filter or transition. In addition, a special BCC FX Browser filter is available for browsing the entire BCC effects library.
- Open CL and NVIDIA CUDA Acceleration. BCC 9 leapfrogs past technologies with cross-platform NVIDIA GPU acceleration for all compatible graphics cards. Popular filters such as Lens Blur, Film Glow or Film Process render 2X faster than before.
- Adobe Premiere. Mercury engine integration and single track Transitions are available for Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- Expanded HTML Documentation. BCC 9 now features an overhauled online documentation system filled with examples, tutorials, and product tips.
Source: Boris FX